“Nice comfortable Northern Wisconsin hotel”

Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Appleton
Evanston, Illinois
“Nice comfortable Northern Wisconsin hotel”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The staff is terrific, the rooms are above average, and very clean. I go out of my way to stay here when I am in Appleton on business. I get disappointed when I try and book a room and it is full! You get all of the benefits of a Hampton Inn, but this team seems to take it up a notch. If you are looking for a great comfortable night's sleep with great hospitality, I recommend this Hampton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
rkliment, General Manager at Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hello dgomalley - Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review about us! I'm glad to hear you have positive experiences when you stay. You're right, it's too bad we can't have you stay with us every time! Thanks again for your business and I hope you can stay with us the next time you are back in Appleton!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Staff is friendly, lobby/public area is nicely arranged, rooms are updated and quiet, beds are comfortable, breakfast setup is clean with good variety. Fantastic value for the price. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hello AZMary89 - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about all aspects of your stay. I appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to share your positive experience with others. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in Appleton!
Atlanta
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Wonderful staff, great hotel, perfect location and good value....this should be your first choice for the Appleton area.

The front desk staff is second to none and they do a great job making sure your stay is top notch. They remember your name, provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere and genuinely make you feel like a friend....not just a guest.

I highly recommend this location; you will not be disappointed! And make sure you say hello to Alicia (front desk manager)!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank awrader
Hello awrader - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about us! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and found our staff and service to not only meet but exceed your expectations. Thanks again for your business!
waukesha
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I have not taken a vacation together in about 15 years. After our sons wedding we decided we were going to just take 3 days and 2 nights away. Although we only went 100 miles away from home it still meant a lot to us to have it special. We decided to stay at the Hampton Inn in Appleton Wisconsin. It was perfect! The remodeled hotel was classy and warm with their beautiful woods and paint color choices yet classy and modern with design, function and layout. EVERYONE on their staff was gracious and smiling from the moment we walked into the hotel until we left including the cleaning staff. I would like to specifically bring Melissa Johnson into the spotlight. My husband and I really liked the wall sconces in our bedroom and wanted to find out where to buy them. Melissa went out of her way to track down the manufacturer and a website for us. She also makes a fine breakfast! Great Strawberry shortcake cookies too! Would highly recommend this clean, beautiful and friendly hotel for business or pleasure. We will be back and we will bring friends to go antiquing with us. (lots of great shops nearby) Next time we will bring swimsuits....the pool looks great!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor facing parking lot and shops and it was still quiet. There were others...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Cathy M - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about us! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it so much! It sounds like you needed some R&R after your son's wedding, and I"m glad that you choose us! I will definitely pass on the compliment to Melissa. She is definitely one of our shining stars and has a very compassionate personality. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in Appleton. Don't be strangers!
apportum
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here for a night to attend a wedding. The first room we were assigned had only one twin bed, was kind of small and on the first floor facing the parking lot. Not to our liking, we asked for a room on a higher floor with two twins and were graciously accommodated by the front desk staff.

This new room was spacious and clean, had a nice work area and an excellent work chair. WiFi was a little slow, but stable. Beds were excellent.

Breakfast area was well stocked and they even had bacon which was properly prepared!

We didn't use the pool or fitness room, but they did look clean and well-maintained. Their business center is two computers and printers in the breakfast room.

Overall, a nice place and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
rkliment, General Manager at Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Hello apportum - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! We appreciate you staying with us while here for a wedding. I'm glad to hear we were able to get you into a room of your liking. I appreciate the positive comments, especially about the bacon! Thanks again and we look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in Appleton! Sincerely, Randy Kliment
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I recently had to be in Appleton for my work and stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. It's clean and the staff is friendly. The beds are comfortable and the free wifi was great! Location is convenient, in the Fox River Mall area and close to the airport.
If I need to go back to Appleton I will definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hello jawdropping - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay when you were here for work last week. We appreciate the compliments, and I'm glad to hear that you will stay with us when you return to Appleton! Thanks again, Randy Kliment
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I just completed an almost 2 week stay (fly home for the weekend) and returned back later in the eveniong last Monday. It was about 10 when I checked in and then I had work to do so I was up working until about 1am. I was so tired I figured I would climb into bed and finish up for about 30 minutes. As soon as I climbed into the bed, it felt cold (figuring just the A/C in the room), after about 30 seconds I realized I felt "funny" where I was lying. So I got up..when I looked at my shorts, they were wet...WET!!! So I immediately picked up the phone and called the front desk, the lady who answered asked how she could help and I said..."I need a different room, I just pulled the covers back to lie down for the night and the bed is wet", she said "oh..ok..I can move you to room 401". I said ok and said I'd be down. I have stayed loyal to Hilton (although this one definately has me thinking differently). I went downstairs and told the lady I had just called about switching rooms and her response...her response was..."OK". I thought to myself WHAT?? I had unpacked all my things and hung and placed in drawers etc, so I tried to give her another chance by saying, I grabbed the cart to move everything...and whe said.."Oh..ok..that's not a problem" >>>>>>>WHAT??? Yes, yes it IS a problem!!!
This was after 1am and I was to be up at 5:30/6:00am and now I have to be inconvienced because someone else didn't do their job and this lady at the desk doesn't care? So I moved all my things and just kept thinking that maybe I'd get a call to ensure all was ok with the new room...I waited..I waited Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and nothing. So I took the info on the welcome printout in the room and figured I'd write...tripadvisor just happens to have come first while researching where to stay on my current trip.
I honestly don't know how you can put a stickie note on the headboard saying everything has been cleaned for you..our new guest....and then have a wet bed..it still amazes me! I travel often, at least 3 weeks of the month most of the time and this is the first time that I have had anything like this happen and anyone care so little! Except a Radisson in Des Moines, IA back in 2003...and I till this day will not stay in a Radisson for business OR pleasure. It may be the same with Hilton properties...I'll see after this trip!

Room Tip: Just choose a good one and inspect EVERYTHING to make sure it's clean! I wouldn't drink or...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Poke924
rkliment, General Manager at Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Hello Poke924 – My name is Randy Kliment and I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn in Appleton, WI. I want to apologize to you on behalf of our team for the issues you experienced with your stay here last week. That is very unlike my staff and I am extremely disappointed to hear what happened to you. The wet bed and then the indifferent service you received are not what anyone would expect, especially from a Hampton and Hilton brand hotel, and I want to apologize as this is not typical for our hotel. I am very sorry that you had to deal with this experience, and I will be addressing the situation on my end to ensure it does not happen again.

I would appreciate knowing more specifics about your stay. If you would be willing to talk further, please e-mail your phone number to me at rkliment@ncghotels.com or call me at 920-954-9211. Thanks for sharing feedback from your stay and I sincerely apologize again for the issues you had.

Randy Kliment