Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area
Fairfield Inn Appleton(Appleton)
Residence Inn Appleton(Appleton)
Rodeway Inn(Appleton)
View Hotel
All reviewsrubber duckgreat hotelfox river mallcookiesfront desk staffcomplimentary breakfastroom was cleanstaff was friendlyfresh fruitrestaurants and shoppingshuttle serviceexcellent staywould definitely stay here againoatmealthe hotel staffpool and hot tubpool area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The staff at the Hampton Inn Appleton went above and beyond our expectations!! We stayed at this hotel for a youth baseball tournament in July 2012. They allowed us to use the continental breakfast area for both nights we were there so that we could do potluck dinners for our team. The front desk staff were always helpful and kind and made our visit an awesome experience!! It was a very clean and comfortable hotel with an amazing continental breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
rkliment, General Manager at Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Hello Nancy - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about our hotel! I am glad to hear you found our hotel so accommodating while you were here for the baseball tournament. We really appreciate the feedback, and we hope your team will stay with us again if they return next year! Thanks!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

There is not a lot of range between Hampton Inns, so it hard for one to distinguish itself. This one does a lot of things well. There are always plenty of cookies at the front desk in the afternoons. At more Hamptons than would like to admit it, cookies are out for only an hour or so. That to me, is the first signal of a skimpy, penny-pinching Hampton.

Not here--the cookies are put out early, in several varieties, and are there until late.A good sign everything else will be as it should be.

The little rubber duck decorating the towels in the bathroom is a nice touch you don't typically see. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was well done. The pool and whirlpool were clean and well maintained, and it was nice to see they had both.

I found not just a bottle of water awaiting me in my room, but a bag of snacks as well. These are things that exceed the Hampton standard.

There are only two things that prevent this Hampton from getting 5 stars. On the east side of the building, where I was, there was a lot of traffic noise from the interstate. I would recommend getting a room on the west (even numbered) side. The other negative was no refrigerators (or microwaves) in the rooms. When I stay overnight I don't care about a fridge, but when I am there a couple of days, having a refrigerator is a real convenience. I heard another guest asking at the desk about a refrigerator, so this is probably something many people would like.

Room Tip: Choose an even numbered room to be on front (western) side, away from interstate.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael M

Hello Michael - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about us! I appreciate the compliments about the cookies and the rubber ducks. Thanks for the feedback about the highway noise and the refrigerators as well. We hope you'll choose us again the next time you are in Appleton! Thanks!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had the good fortune to stay at the Hampton Inn Appleton and must say what a wonderful property it is, close to everything airport, a mall beautiful downtown and the highways with easy on and off access. I was there with my wife whos father was very ill, this location allowed her to come and go as needed and I did the same. The property was so well kept that it was impressive.
The staff however is the real plus factor here they were just unreal so ready to lend a hand and to help in anyway that they could. I also noted that the property GM is one of the most personable I have ever met and was going out of his way to assit guests in anyway that he could, I have travled the world and this is not the norm for a GM. I would and will direct anyone and everyone to this hotel knowing that they will recieve the best of care and service.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor and found that it was nice and quiet, looking out over the back parking area was just fine I could see my car and the view was some beautiful trees.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Hello Rick - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about our hotel! I am glad to hear our staff was so accommodating. We are just thankful we could be of assistance while your family was here dealing with an illness. Thanks!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here recently while in town for a wedding. Although the room was extremely small for two adults and two teenagers, we enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, as was the pool area, which we had to ourselves for several days since we arrived mid-week. The staff was extremely accommodating, and responded to every request, even making suggestions for activities and area restaurants. The only real downside was the room size, which led to extreme crowding; however, since we only slept in the room, we managed. Would stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms are small; two people max. Anything else is very crowded.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Hello Lysentia_Jade - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us! I appreciate the positive comments and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us when you came for a wedding. Thanks for the feedback on the room size as well. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in Appleton! Thanks!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Upon arriving early, we we're greeted and allowed to check in early! Not being familiar with the area due to our first time in appleton, we we're given valuable information to make our stay very comfortable! We we're able to be shuttled to college avenue and Tim was very helpful! We ate at a place downtown called Victoria's! In the evening, we we're able to step out and walk to a restaurant called the Machine Shed, also very good! However, the best was the breakfast the Inn overed, the breakfast continental! The staff was very receptive and asked how the breakfast was, which in deed was very, very good with lots of choices! The room was very clean and comfortable and felt safe at all times! Loved the swimming pool and whirlpool! Lots of places to shop in the area and museums! Definately will rebook if ever traveling to the area in the future! Colleen A.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Hello Colleen - Thanks for writing such a great review about us! I really appreciate you choosing the Hampton on your first visit to Appleton. I'm glad to hear you were impressed with everything while you were here and in town. We look forward to you staying with us again when you come back to Appleton! Thanks!