“great location, price, and staff”

Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The whole family enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Rooms are clean, staff is attentive and friendly and the location is convient to airport, highways, and mall.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
rkliment, General Manager at Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Hello BetsyKay - Thanks for taking the time to review us and thank you for the positive comments! I'm glad to hear that your family had such an enjoyable time! I appreciate your business and we look hope your family will choose the Hampton Inn again the next time you are in Appleton!

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Stayed here over the New Years weekend for a Packers game. The staff was extremely friendly, even to out of town rivals. The hotels has been updated and had a very nice breakfast area. Rooms were nice, and as most Hampton Inns the bed was very comfortable.

It is located next to several restaurant choices as well as the local Mall

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Hello badxl1200 - Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your positive comments! I'm glad to hear you had a good time while you were here for the Packers game. Yes, we like having fans from other teams stay with us, even Lions fans! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again this fall if you are coming back for another Packers game!

Reviewed December 20, 2011

Stayed here for one night for a shopping weekend. The woman checking me in was able to accommodate all my hilton preferences (high floor, quiet room away from elevator, bottled water upon arrival, etc) which I really appreciated. The room was clean, but the heating/cooling unit was pretty noisy. I finally just turned it off for a little peace and quiet.

Turned on the TV and noticed most of the stations were out. I called the front desk and the gentleman told me they were experiencing "problems due to the weather"...it was raining so maybe that had something to do with it. I thought I would buy an in-room movie to pass the time, but this hotel does not offer that service to its guests. No matter - I caught up on some reading and called it a night.

Complimentary breakfast in the lobby was good - really liked the coffee and fresh fruit.

While this was not my favorite hilton property, it is a decent place to stay for night or two if you are in the area. The mall is a stone's throw away and there are many nice restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank TaniaWisconsin
rkliment, General Manager at Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2011

Hello TaniaWisconsin - Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay! I appreciate the comments about the heating unit and the television channels. Even though you were here to shop, these things definitely impact your stay. I will look into what caused these issues, and I thank you for bringing them to my attention. I'm guessing that getting caught up on a little reading was relaxing just the same? Thanks again for the comments and if you ever get back to Appleton, I hope you will choose to stay with us again! Thanks, Randy

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights.
Very clean, very friendly, hotel. Breakfast was good, cookies were better.
The only thing i can suggest for light sleeping travelers is to request a room on the west side. The east side gets road noise from the highway.

Room Tip: East side!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank keithrj

Hello keithrj - Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay went! I am glad to hear you felt our hotel was clean and our staff friendly. It sounds like you enjoyed the cookies too! I also appreciate the feedback about the highway noise. This is definitely something we will address as best as we can. Thanks for staying with us and when you come back to Appleton, I hope you will stay with us again! Thanks, Randy

Reviewed December 6, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was very nice and accomodating. The rooms were very nice and clean.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Hello ChiquiChiqui - Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, and found our hotel to be what you expected. If you are ever back in Appleton, it would be great to have you stay with us again! Thanks, Randy

Reviewed November 22, 2011

For 21 years four of us friends/sisters have met to shop, visit and share stories in November.
For 17 of these years we have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Appleton, Wi. I cannot say enough about the courteous, friendly service we receive. From the clerk at the desk, to the shuttle bus driver, to the lady who prepares our wonderful breakfast...they all treat us like we are each the most important guest. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We just love the fresh coffee and fruit, anytime of the day or night! I highly recommend the Hampton Inn in Appleton, WI!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Hello Barbara - Thank you for the generous words about your recent stay! It was great to have you back for your 17th year of shopping and relaxation! It's always nice to see familiar faces, and we see plenty this time of year as friends and family come back to go shopping at the mall. I'm glad you enjoyed your room and your time together! We'll hope to see you back next year! Thanks, Randy

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Stayed one might, November 16tj & couldn't have been more pleased. From the very pleasant desk clerk to the very comfortable room to the delicious free breakfast the next morning, you couldn't jace asked for anything more. The fresh coffee & fruit on the lobby area is a nice touch as well. I don't know what type of "sleep system" the Hilton chain is using (must be some sort of sleep drugs in that bedding-HA HA- kidding - nothing of the sort) but i had one of the most restful sleeps ever! Fantastic! Plenty of nice fluffy towels in the bathroom and,yes, a cute little rubber duckie sitting right there on the tub's edge-nice touch! Would I stay there again? In a heartbeat!

• Stayed: November 2011

Hello sloopie1 - Thank you for the great feedback! I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went! I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and no, we don't use sleep drugs in our bedding system, but that's not a bad idea! Thanks again, Randy