“Great for a family--we second that!”

Residence Inn Appleton
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Crystal Falls, Michigan
“Great for a family--we second that!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

One of the best places I have ever stayed at. Exceptionally accommodating. Very clean. My wife was able to prepare a full course meal while I was downstairs playing with the kids at the swimming pool. She loved the kitchen away from her kitchen. The double room suite met our needs perfectly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Laura W, General Manager at Residence Inn Appleton, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you come back to the Fox Cities.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend recently with our family of four. The room was perfect! My husband and I enjoyed the separate bedroom and the kids slept on the pull-out. The bathroom has a large vanity with drawers and shelves for your personal items. The pool was clean and the breakfast was very relaxing.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pewaukee
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I travel quite a bit on business and rarely find a hotel who's room layout is conducive to business (and relaxing). The Residence Inn in Appleton NAILED IT!!! Best room layout I've ever seen for the business traveler OR the vacationing/relaxing individual. Plenty of space, excellent work space layout, good placement of TV so as to allow for BOTH work and sleep location viewing by just swiveling the unit around.

I'll ONLY stay in this location when I have any other reasons to travel to Appleton WI area (and surrounding locaitons too).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank James T J
Glendale, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The recent renovations to this hotel make it feel like it is new. The renovations were not only done with good taste, but it was clear that the management did not take shortcuts on quality. The location of the hotel is perfect and close to nice restaurants (i.e., Carmella's). The fitness center was closed during my visit, but the front desk gave me keys to work out at a very nice exercise facility nearby. This was one of the most enjoyable hotel stays I have had in a long time. I would highly recommend this location to anyone travelling to Appleton.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheRuggedTraveler
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here while on business in Neenah. Location was convenient to restaurants, highways, and downtown Appleton. The staff could not have been nicer, the room was perfect (love the roominess of Residence Inns) and there was social activities with complementary dinner each of the nights I was there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Vince Q
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2012

By far, Residence Inn Appleton Wisconsin is the best place to be when away from home. The staff is super friendlly but not intrusive. Housekeeping cleaned my room and left little notes for me that brightened my day. The Sales Manager always knew what was going on with me by my intereactions with the front desk, and she would leave little gifts for me to show that although they may not have had exactly what I was looking for, it wasn't impossible. There was never a "no, sorry we can't do that" moment!! The staff even let me use their speaker phone when I had to take a conference call on a Saturday in my room. The food is superb!! Breakfast is always hot, early, and consistant.The food preparers knew my name, what I liked to eat, and even bought me a "to go" lunch bag. The Residence Inn is simply "family". Even though they are at work, they make you feel like they are at home with you. ABSOLUTELY the BEST!! I hope I get to go back there. I miss them already!!

Room Tip: Sales Manager's office is on 2nd floor. Her door is usually open when she's working and does...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Adrena T
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 young boys for 2 months while my husband was in Appleton on business. We have stayed in lovely, expensive hotels all over the world, and NEVER have we felt more welcome and attended to as we have here.

The staff is amazing. While we were here, my husband's mom passed away and we had to leave for the funeral. Upon our return, our room had a sympathy card, and all kinds of little goodies and treats.

Housekeeping even made elephants out of towels for the boys and left them some candy! Too cute!

When we mentioned going sledding, they took it upon themselves to find directions to the best sledding hill and leave them in our room. Barb even offered to let us borrow a sled and snow gear for the kids and take us herself on her day off!

The day of our checkout, the staff left Christmas gifts in the room for our whole family, including chocolates for us and toy cars for the kids.

Laura was great and always had snacks for the boys, and my kids couldn't wait to get to breakfast every morning to see everyone.

We will really miss it here and if we ever come back, we would never think of staying anywhere else! Thanks for the wonderful memories and the great accommodations! Better than home!!!

• Stayed December 2012