“Great staff”

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Buffalo, NY
“Great staff”
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was typical of what residence inns are around the country. I was pleasantly surprised that the rooms were modern and updated. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and hot. I was always greeted when I passed the front desk. The evening food was better than what I have found in most of these hotels. My first night was barbecue from Famous Dave's. sweet. The hotel and grounds were clean and well kept. This location was real close to the mall and other shopping and eating establishments. My only wish is that I do not have to come back until spring, when it warms up.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ryan716

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lake Forest, IL
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have stayed here numerous times over the years and were delighted to see this property finally get a much need upgrade to the rooms, lobby and parking lots. The management team and all the workers do what it takes for you a a guest to have the best experience. When they soon finally complete all the work in progress. We will move our next rating over to top notch.
The location is easy walking distance the the main shopping mall and many quality restaurants.

Room Tip: Stay away from the stairways..lots of noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Robert T
Pekin
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stay at this hotel went very well. Stayed two nights around packers game and was very pleased. Rooms were very good size and well appointed. Very modern and clean - spotless. Breakfast was hot and with a good variety of foods. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lutherPekin
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is my second stay at the Residence Inn Appleton, WI. The last stay was a few years ago, and when I walked in, I didn't realize I had stayed here before. Checking in, I found the young ladies at the front desk to be very accomodating and friendly. I got to my room, and it was obvious the property was renovated, and very clean. The furnishings were new, and comfortable with two large flat screen TVs, and a very nice work area. As with all Residence Inn's, they have a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and microwave, all of which were new. I didn't realize I had stayed here before until I went downstairs for the evening meal which they have catered. The lady preparing everything, Janet, looked very familiar, and that's when I realized I had been here before. She told me that they had just finished the renovation. I always try to be fair in my reviews, and if I find something bad, I always mention it. At this Residence Inn, there were no negatives I found during my stay. The location is great, with plenty of restaurants within walking distance, and a nice shopping mall across the street. Every evening there were freshly baked chocolate chip cookies waiting at the front desk. They have a nice indoor pool, hot tub, and fitness center. I can't really rate the complimentary breakfast, but it was the basic Residence Inn breakfast. The property is pet friendly with a Vet's office next door should your pet become ill. Without hesitation, I would recommend this Residence Inn to everyone. You can't go wrong staying here, and my next trip to Appleton I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank bill925
Iowa
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was my first visit to a Residence Inn. I took my family (wife + 2 kids) on a business trip and was looking for a larger room to help keep the peace. We stayed in a 2 bed/2 bath room with a central living/dining area. Very nice - especially the 2 bathrooms.

The property was under renovations and the entire front desk area was a mess. I was greeted warmly by the staff and directed to the temporary check-in desk. All went smoothly (although we were initally assigned a room where work was being done, but before I could get back to the desk, a staff member came and gave us new keys). All through the entire week the workers doing the renovations were very polite and respectful.

I had the priviledge of being the first guest to try out the new pool area furniture - a great improvement over the plastic slat chairs that were being replaced. The pool is on the small side of average for a motel pool, but my kids enjoyed it and my wife liked the hot tub.

We will probably stay here again - comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Iowa_FortySomething
Chicago
Reviewed May 31, 2012

visited this property over the last weekend and was surprised to find it in a brand new condition. The suites (we stayed in a 1 bedroom) are tastefully done, are spacious and have most things you would need. there are 2 flat screen TVS, a nice stretch sofa and a decent bed. The place is still under remodeling, so you see remenants of work in progress areas, but the rooms themselves and the breakfast facility have got an uplift. The Breakfast was pretty decent (although they seemed to have ran out of sausages around 930 - they close breakfast at 10 on weekends) but over all very courteous staff and a good experience.

The shower was phenominal, nice and fast, it was a welcome change.

Over all, definite recommendation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChicagoTravelerV
Wauwatosa, WI
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We recently spent Memorial Day weekend in Appleton and our stay at the Residence Inn Appleton was such a pleasant experience. Every single person we had contact with working at the hotel was friendly and helpful. The newly remodeled 2-bedroom king suite was a modern designed, large, well appointed, comfortable, suite, and the type of environment we were able to truly relax in. The full breakfast each morning was wondeful - no continential breakfasts here! We would not hesitate to stay here again if in the area. Close to everything (restaurants, shops, mall, freeway), and just a really nice place to comfortably spend a few days!

Room Tip: Explained we had a 1year old grandson and they provided a pack and play. Also let them know if you h...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family