“great restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2010

I tried this new restaurant when it opened. I was surprised to find out how good the food was. it was the best Italian food I have ever tasted. It was quite busy, but it was only there second day opened. I can't wait to go back again. if you want great Italian food, this is the place to be.

Reviewed January 30, 2010

A friend and I attempted to eat at Carmella a few Saturday nights ago. It was a 2 1/2 hour wait, so we decided to return the following day for lunch.

Lunch was nice, but I was expecting it to be slightly better because of all the hype. The menu is kind of hard to decipher, and what I got was not anything more than average.... especially for the price. That part of Grand Chute is NUTS.... so to me, its not worth the potential for a car accident or vehicle break in to go out to the mall area unless its SUPER fabulous.

Since it is so new, I would love to give it another try for dinner sometime in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2010

Enjoyed dinner with 7 friends. The place has a nice bistro feel to it. They even have some Italian meats and cheeses for sale. I ordered the Papardelle which I thought was Fantastic. Price was nice and the food came very quickly in a very busy restaurant. The waiter could have been more attentive to the bread and water but all in all a great experience.

Reviewed December 28, 2009

I think this place opened up recently. It's in a strip mall by the Verizon store, but once you are inside, you forget you are anywhere near the mall. It has a nice, relaxed environment, with brick walls, tall, exposed ceilings, and lots of family photos.

Our waitress told us that Carmella was her grandmother, and that her, her sister, and their father own and run the restaraunt using their grandmothers old recipes form New York.

The food was all very flavorful and well-prepared. It wasn't a cheap dinner, but wasn't outrageous either. I really enjoyed our meal here and I'm sure we'll be back again soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2009

This is an Italian Bistro, thus the bustling, not-so-quiet atmosphere should not be unexpected. Importantly, the food is superb, flavorful and authentic. A terrific wine list compliments the extensive menu, along with an attentive and knowledgable waitstaff. We will be back, and often!

1  Thank PlatterTalk

Been to Carmella's? Share your experiences!