“Saturday night no reservation”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Carmella's

Carmella's
Ranked #2 of 366 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Saturday night no reservation”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

We went to celebrate birthdays but had no reservation. We were greeted enthusiastically and told it would be about 1/2 hr wait. We sat at the bar and were served pretty quickly considering it was a packed house. 10 minutes later we were seated. Our waiter, Corey?, was friendly, professional and helpful about menu choices and wine selection. Everything was delicious and the service throughout was outstanding. We each received a birthday cupcake but also ordered a special sundae with lemon basil ice cream and a piece of lavender hard cotton candy. It was one of the very best evenings I have had in Appleton in many years. Prices were not out of line and we are planning to return soon.

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Amazing authentic Italan”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Recipes from their Italian grandmother? Amazing! Great menu. Eat there about twice a month and it's a battle to decide whether to do a repeat of a menu item or venture on. Everything is soooo good. Love dining outside in nice weather. They've done a great job with the covered (and heated when necessary) patio.

• Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Worth Trying!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Great restaurant with good Italian food and terrific service. I understand this place usually has a line out the for, do my sister made lunch reservations for us. I have to say it did not disappoint!

The panini sandwiches were great and it came with a salad on the side too - a good value. I had the Pappardelle pasta dish and while it was very good, it was a bit too salty for my taste.

When we were seated the bread, oil and balsamic were already on the table. I must admit I would prefer the bread be warm and delivered after we sat down. Otherwise I wasn't sure it was fresh or left over from the people before us (yes, it cross my mind).

I look forward to trying Carmella's again next time I'm in town.

Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Italian fine dining hidden inside Wisconsin”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Walking up to a stip mall gave me some doubt, but this restaurant rivaled Chicago Italian restaurants, for half the price.

There is both inside and outside seating, but this place is very busy, especially on the weekends. We ordered wine, WI cheeses, some specials, and had delicious warm bread with their own oil/vinegar dipping sauce.

The service was impeccable. Our server knew everything about the menu, made great recommendations, was very prompt with service, and we were laughing together the whole night.

This is a must when visiting Appleton, WI.

• Visited June 2014
“Amazing food”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Make reservations, it is worth it. It is difficult enough to find italian out here. Carmella's is outstanding.