“Nice find”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Kingsford
“Nice find”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went here for lunch the other day based on reviews on trip advisor. Wow this is a really nice place the food was so good and the service is top notch! We will be back to eat here again for sure.

Waupaca, Wisconsin
“Italian Excellence in Appleton!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

When I first saw Carmella's I was completely underwhelmed. An unadorned little Bistro tucked away in a strip mall cowering in the shadow of the ever ubiquitous Verizon franchise. Nothing to shout about right? My wife had to practically push me through the door.
Well slap me in the face with a five pound lobster for being so naive. Somewhere behind that plain brown wrapped facade is a high-end eating extravaganza! My first clue was the interior. Classy, intimate, understated and comfortable with a nice northern Italian aura. My second clue was the salads. Crisp! Refreshing! Delectable!
I looked at my wife with a mouthful of greens.
"I told you so," she grinned.
Then came the entrees. She had the gnocchi and I had the raviolis. Abonndanza!
"I told you so," she grinned.
Then came the cappuccino. Sweet, creamy, frothy just the way I like 'em. And in case I haven't mentioned it, the service was perfect, complete with the right balance of speed, efficiency and friendliness.
So now I am a Carmella's convert. I don't even go near the Appleton airport without a stop at Carmella's. They don't look like much from the outside but don't let that fool you...once through the doors they shimmer with iridescence.
"I told you so," my wife said.
I get that a lot.

Plainfield, Wisconsin
“Great meal but beware of bill creep”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had a wonderful meal at Carmella's and enjoyed it very much. However, be aware that it is all ala carte. While each item by itself doesn't seem like a lot, by the time you add salad and a dessert along with a couple of drinks you can easily be in the $100 range once you add tip. Yes it was a delicious meal. Not sure if it was worth a $100. We travel a lot and are used to high prices in cities like Chicago, LA, Napa and in Europe. Just not in Appleton. So, with that being said, very good food, a waitress who at first was rather aloof but finally warmed up, and a very busy restaurant for a Tuesday night.

Wisconsin
“excellent food, service, and atmosphere”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Our first visit. We called ahead the day of for a 6 pm seating. We waited about 20 minutes. Our server was very attentive and the other service was great as well. We had bread and oil within a few minutes of sitting down. Were offered more and the bread was hot out of the oven. The table was cleared right away between courses. The manager stopped at the table to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. The food was excellent and generous portions. Price was reasonable. Would definitely return the next time we are in Appleton.

“good italian food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

this is the best italian restaurant in appleton. it also holds up pretty well when you compare it to larger cities.

Visited February 2013

Been to Carmella's? Share your experiences!