“Delicious food if a bit pricey”
Review of Carmella's

Carmella's
Ranked #3 of 378 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at Carmella's 5 or 6 times now both by ourselves and with friends. In all cases the food was delicious and the service very good. We've tried a variety of items but our favorites are the tomato/fresh mozzerella/prociutto starter, rigatoni with spinach in a tomato cream sauce, and the bucatini (lamb ragu). The flavors/sauces are excellent!

We find the atmosphere quite warm and cozy but do agree that it can get quite noisy when full.

Our only con is that it does get pricey. Salads run about $8, appetizers $12, and entrees anywhere from $12 - 26 depending on what you get. I wish they would at least include a side salad with any entree but salads are all seperate.

We love the food here and wish we could eat here more often but for us it is a special occasion restaurant due to cost. We'll keep coming for birthdays and anniversaries though!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Excellent service. Super clean and quickly seated and served. Portion size was excellent. Prices were reasonable. I will return.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Great food, great service, second to none. Everything I've ever had here has been fantastic, but the scallops are absolutely the best. Also, ask for The Napoleon for an appetizer, it's not on the menu, but get it, it is wonderful. Also, for the quality of the food and experience here, the prices are a great value. I have no idea how anyone could complain about the prices here, if you do, maybe you should be eating at Fazolis.

I recently brought a group of 8 here for my mother's birthday and the staff was wonderful despite it being incredibly busy, and they were very accommodating (without us even asking) to one of our guests who needed handicap accessible seating.

My only slight complaint is that when it is busy, it can get very loud inside and perhaps a bit crowded, but its not bad. If its warm out, try the patio, it is very nice, quiet and comfortable.

1  Thank Jeff T
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a fantastic place for a date or any special occasion dinner! Tasty and pleasing both to the eyes and palate! Yum!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

It's kind of hard to write this, as I have been a fan of Carmella's in the past. Hubby and I decided last minute to head there after a long and tiring day. It was super early, so we were able to be seated right away. Our server did not arrive at our table for a full 10 minutes, and when she brought the wine we ordered to our table, she asked if we wanted a cooler for it. It was a white, so the question was silly. We told her not to worry about it. Both my husband and I ordered shrimp dishes, and my shrimp was just ok, but my husband's actually had an off flavor and odor. When the server came back, after quite a bit, we told her of the problem, and she took it back. 15 minutes later, his new dish arrived. It was better, but still not quite right. Might we suggest the use of tiger shrimp, instead of white shrimp, in the recipes. All in all, it was just an o.k. $90 meal. I think the Melting Pot would have been a better choice, or even Olive Garden. Management should have come to our table, or brought the new meal over, with an apology. You know, with an attention to better service, and a determination to offer the best food, Carmella's may be able to redeem itself. Maybe.

Been to Carmella's? Share your experiences!