“Best Italian”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Rapid River, Michigan
“Best Italian”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Excellent service. Super clean and quickly seated and served. Portion size was excellent. Prices were reasonable. I will return.

Visited October 2012

Appleton, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“By far the best restaurant in Appleton!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Great food, great service, second to none. Everything I've ever had here has been fantastic, but the scallops are absolutely the best. Also, ask for The Napoleon for an appetizer, it's not on the menu, but get it, it is wonderful. Also, for the quality of the food and experience here, the prices are a great value. I have no idea how anyone could complain about the prices here, if you do, maybe you should be eating at Fazolis.

I recently brought a group of 8 here for my mother's birthday and the staff was wonderful despite it being incredibly busy, and they were very accommodating (without us even asking) to one of our guests who needed handicap accessible seating.

My only slight complaint is that when it is busy, it can get very loud inside and perhaps a bit crowded, but its not bad. If its warm out, try the patio, it is very nice, quiet and comfortable.

1 Thank Jeff T
New London, Wisconsin
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a fantastic place for a date or any special occasion dinner! Tasty and pleasing both to the eyes and palate! Yum!

Visited August 2012
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Unhappy locals”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

It's kind of hard to write this, as I have been a fan of Carmella's in the past. Hubby and I decided last minute to head there after a long and tiring day. It was super early, so we were able to be seated right away. Our server did not arrive at our table for a full 10 minutes, and when she brought the wine we ordered to our table, she asked if we wanted a cooler for it. It was a white, so the question was silly. We told her not to worry about it. Both my husband and I ordered shrimp dishes, and my shrimp was just ok, but my husband's actually had an off flavor and odor. When the server came back, after quite a bit, we told her of the problem, and she took it back. 15 minutes later, his new dish arrived. It was better, but still not quite right. Might we suggest the use of tiger shrimp, instead of white shrimp, in the recipes. All in all, it was just an o.k. $90 meal. I think the Melting Pot would have been a better choice, or even Olive Garden. Management should have come to our table, or brought the new meal over, with an apology. You know, with an attention to better service, and a determination to offer the best food, Carmella's may be able to redeem itself. Maybe.

Menasha WI
“Always a pleasure -great outdoor patio”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The staff is always wonderful and their drink selection is varied and large. The deserts are a.m.a.z.I.n.g! The indoor atmosphere is a bit crowded and echoe-y due to high ceilings and concrete floors. The food is always wonderful and the portions are large. It is a little more spendthrift but not outrageous for quality and amount

Visited July 2012

Been to Carmella's? Share your experiences!