“Fun day at the Children's Museum”

The Building for Kids
Ranked #3 of 36 things to do in Appleton
More attraction details
Owner description: The Building for Kids Children's Museum's mission is to empower children, engage parents and energize communities. We accomplish our mission by providing specially designed exhibits, programs and events. Our goal is to inspire, teach and reinforce curiosity.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

It was an unplanned visit. I took our 4 y/o grand daughter when my daughter and daughter-in-law shopped. It was a very nice experience for both my grand daughter and me! Lots of activities and learning experiences. She loved it and so did I. It was easy to fine on one of the main city avenues.

2  Thank Mary Ann Z

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We have been to Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago, Eau Claire, Green Bay, and La Crosse children's museums and this is probably in the top 2-3. I think Minneapolis would be my favorite of the bunch. This place has a small city, a dress up area, a water room, airplane and fire engine cutaways, a rubber mulch room for excavation toy play, a large magnet crane, an art project area, a two story tree house and climbing area, and a toddler play area.

1  Thank cpuuri
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We are here close to once a week. My 2 year old still goes crazy when I tell her we are going. We spend most of our time in the Kwik trip area and the DaVinci art studio. The studio has been changed around recently and is so interactive. The easels are so great for my budding little artist!

Parking is the only challenge, especially if it's raining. Nothing is truly convenient. We choose to park in the parking ramp on Appleton street. Then we never have to worry about our meter. Otherwise there is a metered ramp close to the museum that is nice if it's raining.

1  Thank Katie H
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Sunday it opens from 1-4 p.m. and their rates were still expensive at $7.25 per person! yikes.
The museum was fun for the kids though.

1  Thank travelingmom3333
BFKCM, Manager at The Building for Kids, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

We're happy to hear that your children enjoyed themselves.

The Building for Kids, Inc., is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization supported by donations, memberships, admissions, and gift shop sales. The museum does not receive local, state, or federal funding. The Museum's programs and admissions generate two-thirds of its operating revenue, and private contributions are pursued to support the balance in order to defray the cost for our visitors.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Some interesting things for kids to do. They change some of the things but the basics have stayed the same for years and years. I found that the staffing level was less this time than last so that some of the hands on things that require a staff person could not be done. Some of the exhibits such as the ball and motor one continued to get stuck and the water table was not functional the day we were there.

3  Thank refugee1046

Been to The Building for Kids? Share your experiences!