“Best place in the country”

Red Ox Seafood & Steakhouse
Ranked #20 of 366 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving the Valley for over 40 years. Serving lunch & dinner 7 days a week. Gourmet Sandwiches, "Big" Salads, Baked Stuffed Potatoes, Aged Steaks, Seafood, Veal, Chicken, Ribs, Duck, Veal & More.
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
“Best place in the country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I travel all over the country for work and I have yet to find a place that comes close! They have the most amazing food bursting with flavor at Wisconsin prices! Can't beat it. I make a point to stop every chance I can get.

2 Thank Rachel L

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Best Supper Club in Wisconsin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Haddock prepared 20+ ways. Old Fashion mix drinks to die for. Old school service and atmosphere. Excellent food and hospitality

1 Thank Betsy V
Macomb, Michigan
“out of towner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I am from Michigan and I was in Appleton, WI on business. Whenever I travel, I like to try local restaurants because I can do the chain restaurants at home. So I found the Red Ox on Google and read some reviews and it sounded like a good place to go. When I got there, the parking lot was full and I and others had to park on the street (good sign at dinner time). When I went in, there was a 30-45 min. wait. I told the owner (I later found out he was the owner) that I wasn't going to wait and I thought I would go back by my hotel to Outback. Long story, but I decided to eat at the bar. Man, I'm glad I did. I ate myself silly for $38.00 which included the tip. I had the king cut prime rib Oscar style with beef vegetable soup and bread. The food was excellent and the service for being packed with a group of 70 was outstanding. Everyone was very friendly and I felt very welcomed there. Next time I'm in Appleton I will go back. I highly recommend the Red Ox!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Timothy P
Combined Locks, Wisconsin
“Grear Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

My wife and I have eaten at the Red Ox for many years. Their food continues to be excellent. This locally owned restaurant has an extensive menu (maybe too big). Their early bird menu is also one of the best in the area. They also pour a great drink. The only negative is that it can get quite crowded especially on weekends.

• Visited May 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Must be one of the top 100 restaurants in the USA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Seriously. The food is nothing short of outstanding! The different dishes they have are so unique and flavorful and the chef who creates new menu items seems like every week! Wow! Words do not even describe how good the food tastes! A MUST visit.

• Visited January 2014