“Wonderful Supper Club experience”

Red Ox Seafood & Steakhouse
Ranked #19 of 373 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving the Valley for over 40 years. Serving lunch & dinner 7 days a week. Gourmet Sandwiches, "Big" Salads, Baked Stuffed Potatoes, Aged Steaks, Seafood, Veal, Chicken, Ribs, Duck, Veal & More.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great food and service. My husband is a steak lover and I enjoy seafood, so we both get what we want, cooked and flavored perfectly. Generally I order the salmon or haddock cooked a variety of ways. Try the sweet potato pancakes or the twice baked potatoes as sides. We also enjoy the hot bacon salad dressing.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Wow! My husband and I visited Mon and Tues. Mon we had early bird special of prime rib and it was fantastic. Cooked to perfection and not fatty! We went back Tues for the seafood. We sat at the bar and had 2 dozen raw oysters, 6 shrimp, and 6 bacon wrapped scallops! We felt like we were having seafood from the gulf!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Excellent service. They had a oyster bar, I couldn't eat a dozen so asked if could buy single portions, they did. The shrimp and bacon wrapped scallops were very good. I forgot my jacket and the waitress came running outside to give to me. That was a step above. I'll come back here the next time in town.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The last two times I have been here the meal has not been very good. The steak was over cooked and the seafood had no taste.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I try to go to the Ox at least monthly. We never have had a bad meal. Their early bird menu is great. I do agree that it is too bad that some of the natural light has been blocked by the lung cancer (smoking) porch. It's too bad that the money was not spent updating the interior.