“Decent restaurant, recommend the lunch buffet”
Review of Taste of Thai

Taste of Thai
Ranked #54 of 378 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2011

It's hard to get authentic food in a relatively backwater place like Appleton, WI, but Taste of Thai does an OK job. The food is of decent quality, given that it's fairly inexpensive. I come here often for the lunch buffet, which isn't very large (it usually consists of around 5-6 dishes) but is always pretty tasty given the price. It's popular among students and professors from the local university (which is just across the street) and people who work nearby. For dinner, there's a fair amount of entrees to choose from, although there's not a lot here that I haven't seen at other Thai restaurants, so you might be disappointed if you're expecting something out of the ordinary. The times I've had dinner here, however, the service was average.

1  Thank Polak_11

Reviewed February 26, 2011

Went with a club for school. We were very new with Thai food so my friend asked what the "creamy curry" was like. The waitress responded " umm curry.. That's creamy." the food arrived and was awful. Greasy, bad smell. By the end of the night, I was forced to give a $4 tip to a waitress that I couldn't pick out of a lineup at gunpoint. Hostess/owner was very rude. We were there for two hours, yet when we asked for our bills, they started them and it took another 3O mins. Would never recommend this to my worst enemy.

Reviewed January 30, 2010

Gross. Don't waste your time or money. This is NOT Thai food!

Reviewed October 4, 2009

This restaurant is excellent. I recommend the "Crispy Duck", because is superb. They serve a lot of food, so be carfully when ordering.
And try to ask for the "Papaya Salad"... they refused to serve it us, arguing that we wouldn't like it because it was a very traditional plate...!!!???

Reviewed August 11, 2009

Taste of Thai is not only the best Thai restaurant in Appleton, it's the best restaurant period. Everyone raves about Cy's Bistro in Neenah, but IMO, T.o.T is way better. And unlike Cy's they give you a decent portion size.