All reviewsprivate bathgracious hostsb bsother guestscarolecorky
Reviewed January 5, 2015

My husband booked a room here for my birthday and I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful place to stay. The interior design was eclectic and stylish, homey yet formal. Our gracious hosts Carol and Gordy clearly love both their home and their business, they take pride both in the appointment of the house and the care of their guests. We were made to feel right at home. The breakfast was gourmet, be sure to ask for the pecan stuffed french toast! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, even more so because they welcomed our 1 year old son without hesitation, something many B&Bs would balk at. We will definitely be staying here again and couldn't recommend it more.

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2014

We loved our stay at the Appleton Inn last weekend! We decided to stay there after going to a Packer game and the drive to and from Green Bay was very easy. We loved our big blue room with a very comfortable bed and the owners Gordy and Carole were wonderful hosts and a lot of fun to talk to and made the stay very enjoyable! Would love to go back again.

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt C
Reviewed November 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I came across this B&B while trying to find hotels for a Packers game. It was recommended by his folks and we know why! Carole and Gordie are such an adorable couple and have the ability to connect with their guests on a personal level. Since the moment we arrived and the moment we left we were treated like family...welcoming smiles and heart-filled hugs good-bye. Any accommodation we needed they provided... we even were able to take a nap after delicious breakfast (gooey French toast, crisp caramel apple nut mixture, bacon, juice, and coffee) which was much needed before a long drive home! I would most definitely recommend this to anyone that wants to try something new and to be treated like a king and queen for a weekend! :) Thanks again Gordie and Carole---until next time!

Room Tip: Loved the blue room! Comfy, extravagant king size bed! Very restful sleep! :)
  • Stayed: November 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shannon Z
Reviewed October 28, 2014

Combining my business and vacation with my spouse was made a lot easier with the comfy room at the Appleton Inn. Carole & Gordie adjusted breakfast to suit my schedule, and then provided a leisurely breakfast for my wife. Close to restaurants and clubs on College avenue, walking distance really, and we definitely liked the quiet, tree-lined street along the Fox River with beautiful views as fall colors were appearing. My wife spent much of one day reading and sewing in the secluded and enclosed gazebo in the back yard. Several rainy days kept us from walking along the historic Fox River as I wanted, and visiting the mill museum and other preserved and renovated structures including the hydro-electric dam. Very enjoyable and relaxing, a great retreat from the usual hotel regimen.

Room Tip: Ask about stairs if that's an issue - quite a few to some rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donald S
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My famiily of five stayed with Carole and Gordie for a week and loved it. The accomendations are very home-like and not at all like a stuffy hotel. We stayed in the Red Hen Suite on the second floor. The beds are so comfortable we had no problem falling asleep. Carole and Gordie fix a wonderful breakfast every morning. On the one morning the guys were going fishing, they put out bagels and cream cheese.

All in all, we would recommend the Appleton Inn to those who want a warn, not cold and sterile hotel experience. We will be staying again.

The Redlin/Van Horn Family