“Something out of the norm”

HuHot Mongolian Grill
Ranked #30 of 366 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Asian, Mongolian, Chinese
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States
“Something out of the norm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Loved the style of build your own dish. The staff was uber friendly and knew each time that I went up to the grill that I had a seafood allergy and washed and cleared a special area to cook my food on. Great experience. Have been there three times so far

• Visited October 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Decent Mongolian BBQ Chow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

LIKED: the selection.
MEH: The Flip-the-Spatula show that resulted in more spatulas hitting the floor than not.
TOTAL MISS: When folks are loading up 2 and 3 bowls at a time, the folks behind them get the shaft as they empty the meat bowls and then have to wait for the staff to fill them up. If you are going to allow these chuckleheads to horde the chow like Genghis Khan, then put more staff on line to refill so the rest of us can move through and get something to eat sometime soon.

Visited July 2013
Aberdeen, New Jersey
“OK But NOT Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Recently ate at this "new" type restaurant in Appleton Wisconsin. Fair selection of veggies, sauces, meats. However, some items were not "real" (ie supposed crab meat, etc.). Probably a good meal for college students or those on a very tight budget, sicne the all you can eat dinner was only about $12 AND included soup or salad. However, the service was a bit off, For example, we had to ask many tiems for the rice, and the appetizers and salads were brought AFTER everyone had finished their first round of dishes. We have Mongolian BBQs in NJ, just not this chain.

There is a minimal bar selection; I guess everyone just drinks soda here, And the "ambiance" is non-existent: no music, etc. Too bland for my taste.

As an aside, there were many, many dirty tables (from previous patrons) at the restaurant, which were not cleaned up during the 1.5hour we spent there. Not enough help? I noticed another reviewer mentioend that seam thing, so obviously this is a routine occurence. Wonder how clean the kitchen is...

• Visited July 2013
Wilmington,Delaware
“Great Time at HuHot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Second time at HuHot in Appleton, Wisconsin ! I went with my sister,Cassie, who lives there, and my sister, Billie ! We are from, Delaware and aren't one of the Lucky Ones, who live near this Great, Establishment ! The food is fresh, and very good ; service is quick and everyone is friendly ! Wish we had one, in Delaware !

• Visited January 2013
Appleton, Wisconsin
“My first BAD experience :( Horrible management!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

It makes me really sad that I have to write a bad review on what use to me one of my favorite restaurants but my experience today was horrible. The dining room was dirty, the floor had food all over it, the counter tops needed to be wiped down hours ago and we were there at noon. Our high chair was also dirty and had dried food stuck to it from the last 10 times it was used. They must have been short a cook which I understand happens however the lady filling in (we found out later she was the GM) was not friendly at all! She kept yelling for everyone to keep moving around the grill so they could keeps things moving. She could have found a nice polite way to express this to her customers. Her hair was pulled back but not well AT ALL. Her bangs and the sides of her hair were hanging around her face and she was helping the cooks and standing over everyone's food without a hat or hair net. Gross! We brought this to the attention of our server and also the fact that our food was not as good as it usually is and the server was very nice about it and seemed concerned.

As we are trying to enjoy our meal to our surprise we over hear the GM Rachell complaining to one of her male servers about having to put a hat on because a customer complained. Our table was close to the grill and the kitchen but obviously the GM did not know we were sitting right there! This was very unprofessional and scary at the same time! If the GM doesn't care about sanitation and health codes who will??? No wonder the restaurant was a mess already at lunch time! To make matters worse we hear the GM again complaining about us to our server. She then asks what table made the comment about her hair! They both them looked over at us! She never confronted us about it just talked about us to all of her employees and stared at us. Again how unprofessional! All I can say is WOW and she either needs a vacation because she is crabby and stressed or maybe she needs a different career. Our server did her best considering who her leader is! I sure would not want her leading my team!!!!!!

• Visited March 2013