“A nice stay in Appleton”
Review of Super 8 Appleton

Super 8 Appleton
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Laurium, Michigan
“A nice stay in Appleton”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our stay here was enjoyable. We were in town to see a show at the Fox Cities PAC which is just down College Ave. and we also visited the Farmers Market downtown on Sat morning (an impressive market!)

Good Items:
- Fast check-in
- Clean, comfortable room with 3 pillows of various firmness on each bed
- A/C worked like a charm (almost too well)
- Window opens for fresh air!
- Nice breakfast area with a good number of tables
- A good number of truck drivers/construction workers staying here (I find this to indicate a place with consistent service and decent pricing).
- Nice to have fridge and microwave in the room.
- Denny's open next door 24/7 and it looks like a nice steak house may also be going in.

Not-so-good Items:
- Some Wi-Fi problems the first night (it worked fine the 2nd day)
- Room seemed "stuffy" (we opened the window for a while to air it out)
- Not a lot of protein choices for breakfast (yogurt was pretty much the only one)
- Hallways shows some wear and tear but you can tell they patch and paint frequently to keep them maintained.
- Walls are a bit thin, if you're a super light sleeper it might be an issue. We were fine.
- The access road for the hotel is a bit weird (hint, don't turn right when leaving) but that's not the hotel's fault.

Overall, a very nice stay and I'll plan on staying here again for future visits to the area.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms will be on the back of the building away from the parking lot. Higher numbered...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Karla R, General Manager at Super 8 Appleton, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business and hope you come back to see us again soon.

Karla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a real nice property. Very clean rooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff. The location is within walking distance to at least a dozen or so restaurants. Safe location great place for a quick walk. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Karla R, General Manager at Super 8 Appleton, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking a survey with trip advisor about our motel. We are pleased you were happy with your stay. Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. We hope to see you again soon.

Karla Roderick
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I came from out of town to attend a family funeral. I got lost looking for days inn and stump upon super 8 which was right next to them. since super 8 was located right on the street back to the funeral home, i decided to book a room with them. upon staying with them, i encountered a very rude and disrespectful customer service lady named sammye. i didnt bother to say nothing much to her but when i checked out, i left a message for the manager to call me back and the manager, karla was as disrespectful as her employee and didn't bother to listen to me. instead she called to complained to ME that there wasn't anything she couldn't do because she wasn't there and said that we GAIN up on her small employee. she didn't even bother listening to anything to what i said, so i don't even know why she called?? i should of just drove down the parking lot to days inn! all i have to say is... NICE SERVICE =TO COMING BACK CUSTOMERS!!!! but i guess they lost this customer and the many family members who stayed and also complained about her employee and got the same result from the manager that we gain on her person??

Room Tip: Don't even bother staying. it will ruin your stay. try best western across the street or days in...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Karla R, General Manager at Super 8 Appleton, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for responding to trip advisor. I greatly regret you did not like my answers to you. When I spoke to only you about the issues your friend had checking into the motel, you told me you were well satified with the motel. I understand you and your friends all came together, and we did try to accomodate your friend but we did not have that type of room left for her because we were full. You admitted to me on the phone your friend became quite angry with my front desk employee and said some rude comments to her in front of other customers. As I explained to you I am very sorry but there is nothing I can do for you because your stay was satisfactory. If your freind who had the issues would like to speak to me I certainly recommend that.
Grantsburg
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I do not know her name but she worked the 2 days we were there (evening/morning). She was very respectful and she definitely made the stay more comfortable since my friends and I never stayed in Appleton over night!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Karla R, General Manager at Super 8 Appleton, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for filling out a Super 8 survey. We appreciate your nice comments and hope you come back to stay with us soon.

Karla Roderick