“Not friendly. Very rude customer service and manager”
Review of Super 8 Appleton

Super 8 Appleton
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I came from out of town to attend a family funeral. I got lost looking for days inn and stump upon super 8 which was right next to them. since super 8 was located right on the street back to the funeral home, i decided to book a room with them. upon staying with them, i encountered a very rude and disrespectful customer service lady named sammye. i didnt bother to say nothing much to her but when i checked out, i left a message for the manager to call me back and the manager, karla was as disrespectful as her employee and didn't bother to listen to me. instead she called to complained to ME that there wasn't anything she couldn't do because she wasn't there and said that we GAIN up on her small employee. she didn't even bother listening to anything to what i said, so i don't even know why she called?? i should of just drove down the parking lot to days inn! all i have to say is... NICE SERVICE =TO COMING BACK CUSTOMERS!!!! but i guess they lost this customer and the many family members who stayed and also complained about her employee and got the same result from the manager that we gain on her person??

Room Tip: Don't even bother staying. it will ruin your stay. try best western across the street or days in...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Karla R, General Manager at Super 8 Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for responding to trip advisor. I greatly regret you did not like my answers to you. When I spoke to only you about the issues your friend had checking into the motel, you told me you were well satified with the motel. I understand you and your friends all came together, and we did try to accomodate your friend but we did not have that type of room left for her because we were full. You admitted to me on the phone your friend became quite angry with my front desk employee and said some rude comments to her in front of other customers. As I explained to you I am very sorry but there is nothing I can do for you because your stay was satisfactory. If your freind who had the issues would like to speak to me I certainly recommend that.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I do not know her name but she worked the 2 days we were there (evening/morning). She was very respectful and she definitely made the stay more comfortable since my friends and I never stayed in Appleton over night!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Karla R, General Manager at Super 8 Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for filling out a Super 8 survey. We appreciate your nice comments and hope you come back to stay with us soon.

Karla Roderick

Reviewed May 28, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Karla R, General Manager at Super 8 Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I rented a room that smelled like cigerette and asked to switch to a different room. The lady at the front desk came to the room said that there was no smell. I had 3 other people smell my room and they all agreed my room smelled. The lady refuse to change my room so I demanded for a refund which took days to get my money back. When the other 3 complained to the manager about what happened to me, the manager said that we had ALL ganged up on her person. I'm just glad I found a better hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: May 2013
Karla R, General Manager at Super 8 Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

I do apologize if you felt you received bad customer service from our motel. I did investigate the problem and found you did not make a reservation before trying to check into the motel. I also did take the time to investigate the room for any smoke odor and did not smell it. My clerk did try to accomodate you and tried to explain to you we did not have another room like that vacant because we were very full. I do understand it is frustrating that an approval does take days to refund. I apologize we could not accomodate you the night you wanted to stay, but I do hope you will come back and try us again.

Karla Roderick

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business and found the front desk person very kind, caring and professional. The room was clean, well appointed and quiet. I would definitely stay here again next time I am in Appleton!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for your wonderful compliments about our motel. We will see you during your next visit.

Karla R

Reviewed May 10, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Karla R, General Manager at Super 8 Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Reviewed May 5, 2013