“Comfortable, Classy, and Convenient”

Radisson Paper Valley Hotel
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My family and I enjoyed a long weekend stay and we were very happy here. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the hotel staff could not be more pleasant and professional. The pool was warm and open late - which my son loved. The on-site dining options include a coffee shop - which my partner loved. The wifi was quick and reliable, which I loved. The location is central to Appleton's downtown district, putting everything from dining to shopping to musuems all within walking distance - which we all loved. On top of all of that, the Sunday Champagne Brunch at The Orchard (also on-site) was phenomenal. We'll be staying here any time we visit Appleton.

Room Tip: If you want a lively view, ask for a room on the north side (city side) of the hotel. If you want to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dee_Mett

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Not an unpleasant stay but the rooms and public spaces could use a makeover.

On the positive side - my colleagues had free parking (I was attending a conference and was in from another country). The internet was free. Staff were friendly.

On the negative side - the food served at the conference was not particularly good. Granted, the menu likely was slected by the conference organizers. A taco lunch was particularly brutal.

1  Thank pentangle
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were part of a large convention and Monday evening banquet. We had an excellent Server named "Roberto". He was happy in his demeanor, treated all ten of us at our table like we were the only ones he was serving that evening, although he was taking care of numerous other tables. We would recommend that he get some type of recognition for going above and beyond to make our experience that evening an excellent memory of our stay at the Radisson.

The front desk and Orchard restaurant employees all were professional and seemed to genuinely care that we enjoyed our stay.

We will be back :)

Reviewed April 23, 2014

It's a convention hotel so given that we aren't on business and I paid for a room personally, I'm probably not their target market.

The rooms are comfortable but the structure is definitely showing signs of age particularly in the public areas. My big complaint though is that we stumped up for a Concierge room which gives access to the Concierge lounge for evening cocktails and nibbles and Continental breakfast in the morning. Sounds good? Well, this lounge serves in excess of fifty rooms and has a total of two tables, seven chairs, a sofa and two arm chairs with a coffee table, and a desk with chair. So twelve seats in all. I think that's unacceptable in anyones book.

On the whole my opinion is if you are on business and your company is paying then it's fine. If you are paying for the room though, don't even consider staying here.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the Concierge rooms, while the lounge staff are wonderful, the lounge itself i...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim L
CarlsonRezidor, Corporate at Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay, specifically with the Concierge lounge. We have passed on your comments and concerns so they can be addressed accordingly to ensure guests' experiences with us are satisfactory.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Hotel and bar made us feel welcome and among friends. Staff did whatever it took to make us feel
comfortable. Wife ordered items that were not on the menu and staff prepared them and did not
mention that it was not available. It was difficult to determine who was the best bartender as
Tiffany, Amanda, Becky, Vicki and Tom all did a excellant job in keeping us happy. Food and
drinks were excellant and reasonably priced. We were pleased and can not wait to come back and
they are the best.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because of a conference at the hotel and our room was in good condition but nothing to rave about. They had a sleep number bed in our room but the remote didn't work and I woke up with a major back ache. I asked to have it looked at (also left the remote sitting on the desk with the battery out) but no one ever did and the battery was still out when I got back to my room that night. Guess I should have been more persistent. The pool is odd as it is in the center of the building with room windows looking down on it. I would not feel comfortable having women and children swimming there with how knows watching them from above.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Had a conference here recently and went into the "clubhouse" sports bar located inside the hotel and had great customer service from Tiffany. Been to hundreds of bars in my time and she was hands down the best bartender I've ever had. Was very pleased and will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: April 2014