“Our stay went well but others did not.”

Radisson Paper Valley Hotel
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our stay went well. Check in was fast and room was wonderful. We were recognized as Carlton Club members but that was it. I was surprised they did not do anything special for us. When we stay at Country Inn and Suites they give us a gift bag with water and treats. Otherwise all was well.

Another couple that we were traveling with requested a wake up call. They called a little later for another wake up call, they made it clear that they wanted two wake up calls for different times. The hotel never gave them the first wake up call. Thankfully she woke up in time.

While we were waiting for our friend, a lady complained about how they have been up since 2:30 am because some other hotel guests were being to loud. I have to agree she should have called and complained and she did not. But what bothered me most was that the hotel staff continued to talk about this after she left. I thought it was very unprofessional for them to talk about this in front of other guests. The employee thought that he offered her coffee so everything should be better. It was clear to me that she was running in the half or full marathon that day (we were doing the same thing.) The last thing is you want is coffee before a run.

I received an email from the hotel to see what I felt and I never heard a response back about my issues - this upset me as well. When I stayed and Country Inn and Suites and told them about my stay I received an email from them about my response. I guess I will be staying at Country and Suites next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here for a total of 2 nights before and after a Green Bay Packers game as all decent hotels in Green Bay were booked solid. The drive to Green Bay was a reasonable 30 minutes from this hotel. The Washington Redskins were actually staying at this hotel during our stay, so I suspect this is one of the better options when visiting Green Bay for a game. This hotel has plenty to offer including a couple of bars and restaurants. We ate at the sports bar a couple times and everything we had was good. Appleton does not have much to offer, but we did stumble upon an excellent Greek restaurant that was walking distance from the hotel. There are also plenty of bars a short walk from the hotel. The hotel was clean and had plenty to offer, but is looking a bit dated overall. The room could also use some updating, but was very clean and had the essentials for our short stay.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms with windows facing the interior of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel for a work conference. Overall, the hotel was very nice, spotlessly clean, and staffed by very friendly, very helpful people. The conference team did a very nice job, and the food quality was excellent for a hotel. An unexpected treat was the hotel's workout room, which had up-to-date treadmills, free weights (dumbbells), and weight machines. The pool area was very nice as well. The room itself was very clean and quiet, and the hotel's wireless connection worked very well. Overall, a great experience for the money. The only negative would be that the showerhead in my room was a little too low (hit the middle of my back), but the water pressure was good.

1  Thank ckopczyk
Reviewed September 20, 2013

When traveling to the area for business, the Radisson is a great choice. Rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable, and there are enough amenities on-site to meet any of your needs. The best part for me is the proximity to bars and restaurants on College Ave. The parking garage always has plenty of space. The gym is better than most hotels, but I find that the neighboring park or nearby YMCA fills in where the gym lacks.

2  Thank jackie s
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Was there for a company function. Nice big room, very quiet, clean. Loved the bed, all the pillows. Had breakfast at cafe. Would give a 3 out of 5. Buffet food wasn't very hot. Drinks at the bars were very good. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had our wedding at the Radisson Paper Valley and were overall very pleased. The staff at the Radisson are very organized and are experts when it comes to banquets.

Our coordinator, Rachel was fantastic and made planning very easy for my wife and I.

Sunday brunch at The Orchard is the best in the area - hands down.

Hotel is a bit dated, but they are in the process of updating rooms (a lot of updates have already been completed). This really is a non-issue as their service is impeccable.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room or stay on the concierge level.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2013

we had a great stay at this hotel. The people at this hotel were extremely friendly and so helpful.
the hotel is a little outdated and the walls are really thin. you can here everything your neighbor says but other then that it was a great stay.