“An outdated Radisson” 3 of 5 bubbles

Radisson Paper Valley Hotel
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
“An outdated Radisson”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Was just in Appelton for a Wedding which was held at the hotel and was beautiful. The hotel is old and outdated. The rooms are clean but again everything about it just feels old. When i asked for a crib for our room the one that was brought up had a mattress that didn't fit within the crib and was unusable. And they have awful sleep number beds which are just not my cup of tea. The orchard restaurant has a breakfast buffet during the week that is. Not good at all. Nothing was fresh and is nothing more than what you would get at a continental breakfast somewhere else. The other restaurants were great. Pool area is very outdated and smells of mold. Overall service was great, but this hotel needs a facelift.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ahubacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Appleton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Internet not 24hrs a days/ cable TV not 24 hrs a day.Stains on room walls,smells musty,cheap shoddy furniture and and carpet. Was there on Aug 08th 2013. Cost of $171.00 what a rip off,place needs to be updated/painted/refreshed. Cable/internet have to be on 24/7 for business.Only plus was the staff,very polite/curteous. NFL teams should find a nicer place to stay.NOT Recommended for staying over.

Room Tip: You are on your own when visiting this Hotel,not one of Appletons better ones.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bluelinda, Director of Sales at Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. I see that you are from the Appleton area and are well aware of the 6 tornadoes that came through knocking out power, TV and Internet to a large portion of our community. We were fortnuate to have power but did suffer from a TV and Internet outage for 24 hours. Once our provider was able to repair the equipment the TV and Internet was back up and running on a 24 hour basis without cost to guests or time limitations. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Linda Garvey.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was there this summer with a soccer club from Minneapolis, MN. The staff was great to work with and the location downtown was easy to get around. The internet was really slow but that was the only glitch.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here while attending a wedding. Very nice hotel, very nice room. The banquet hall where the reception was held was laid out pretty well, with easy access to bathrooms. The staff was friendly and helpful too. This was one of the best experiences I've had at a hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Cumming, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel has a great location in downtown Appleton near all the night life and restaurants. The staff was very accomodating and helpful. We were treated professionally and I didn't need to look far for staff - they were always present.

The hotel is dated and is in need of a remodel. The rooms were damp and worn. The temparture in the meeting rooms was hard to regulate. We were freezing in the front of the room and okay in the back. Food was okay and the choices were average.

I would stay again at this location - but only if the hotel gets a complete remodel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank imadison
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I recently had my wedding ceremony and reception at the paper valley...everything went smooth other than my DJ having problems with internet programs because there internet SUCKED! I was very surprised with service being awesome and food being amazing for such a large group of people......until I found out we weren't getting our security deposit back! I was never told there could or couldnt be this or that on the tables at our reception. I had blue water beads in some of my centerpieces which apparently fell onto some of the table clothes causing damage....because of this I was told there was 2 extra hours of clean up time including shampooing the carpets...I don't know about you but the fact that they don't clean the carpets between events is pretty disgusting to me!! With all the drinks spilled and bare feet...I assumed that was usual practice to clean carpets between events! I feel we were robbed of our security deposit! All in all it was a great day...would I do it over again at the Radisson....absolutely not!

• Stayed June 2013
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at the Paper Valley. The staff was exceptional! Very easy to find when needed, very understanding and always calm. With three weddings going on at the same time, and the hotel booked from a soccer tournament, I am sure it got crazy but it always felt like our contact person and the other staff were there for us and only us. I would highly recommend this for weddings and other events. It is all in one which our out of town guests greatly appreciated. Most were able to get in before check in as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple