All reviews outback steakhouse top floor room was clean hotel bar breakfast buffet fox river mall eaa airventure an older hotel a green bay packer game restaurants and shopping upon check desk staff king room one night stay would stay again spire highway
Reviewed August 13, 2018

I stayed at this hotel Saturday and had a wonderful experience. They had a real gym that offered me what I needed, and my floor was full of people from a wedding and I didn't here a peep.

The people up front were helpful and even held my bags so I could walk around after checking out worry free.

You do have to pay for breakfast but honestly I didn't even mind because it was one of the better hotel buffets I've ever had. The room had a large bed with a good sized tv and a chair to relax on or if you're penny pinching a person could most definitely sleep comfortably there.

I had a ton of fun in Appleton and if this hotel is available when I come back I will book it.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Erin E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are so happy the wedding was fun! We hope to see you and your friends again soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for business, staff was courteous and friendly. Under renovations right now but the rooms that were finished were very nice and modern and clean. Should be real nice once finished. Would recommend if staying in the area.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Erin E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you JoeKool79. We are so glad you like the area. Yes, the new rooms will be so great! See you next time!

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Despite a renovation I give this Holiday Inn a very good grade. The renovated rooms are very nice. Friendly staff at the front desk and at the bar/restaurant. Free airport shuttle and the driver was very nice and helpful.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Erin E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Thank you very much. We understand the renovations are a pain but they are going to make us a great hotel and we are proud of them!

Reviewed July 23, 2018

I stayed here mid-June of 2018. When I booked the room, I did not realize they were undergoing remodeling. When I arrived, I saw signs that said something to the affect of "excuse the mess". Having no other options as I prepaid for the discount, I decided to stay. After all, this is not my first stay in a hotel being remodeled. Big mistake. This is one property that really should have shut down for the remodel since it's so extensive.

The hotel had 1 (out of 2) elevator disabled. So EVERYONE, construction workers, hotel staff, guests, all had to use one elevator. This made getting out of the room and back in to the room extremely difficult. Wait times were unreasonable as contractors used the elevators to load materials and such. Yes the stairs are an option. It's a pain to do 8 floors all the time though. Sometimes riding the elevator is fun.

Construction started at about 7:30 in the morning and at times you could hear the impact drills going till about 8:00 pm. There was a lot of "there's nothing I can do" coming from the staff.

the breakfast restaurant and the dinner restaurant were good. Staff there was excellent.

On to housekeeping. Housekeeping carts were left in the hallways for several days. Food trays left in the hallways for over 24 hours. My Bed was not made the first day and the bathroom was half cleaned. Bed was made the next day and noticed that the sheets didn't look like they had been changed. So the next day before I left, I placed something (lets call it an edible item) on the sheets. When I returned, the bed looked like it was made. I moved the top sheets and the item was still there.

Housekeeping staff is NOT changing your sheets.

Until they finish "cleaning house" I would not stay there.

Room Tip: House keeping does not change bedding.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Erin E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Thank you for your stay after all of that. We are finished with the elevators so we are all set there. Please be patient with us because we are on our way to a better place over all! Please feel free to contact the management onsite to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

One night stay on business. Hotel clearly undergoing a big remodel; it is needed. The decor has a few years on it.
Good, clean king room - quiet considering the work underway.
Very helpful staff, they worked to make you welcome and to have the best stay you can as the hotel updates.
I look forward to seeing things when they are done!

Room Tip: Best to get a west facing room to avoid Hwy 41 noise
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Erin E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Thank you for telling us how we are doing. We are very excited for the remodel as well.
It will be complete by March of 2019. See you soon!