“Great”

Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Chicago, Illinois
“Great”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Clean, quiet and friendly. Stayed one night and it was a good stay. The restaurant had very a nice serving staff. Food was acceptable fare. My room was clean, quiet and fairly modern. The TV was a HD flat screen. You can walk to the Fudruckers or Outback in front of the hotel. Plus there are may other places to eat near by. The only draw back was the expense; but I did not compare any other locations in this part of town.

Room Tip: My room face the highway, but was extremely quiet. That was the 3 floor. It's an older HI, but...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Shawn K, Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay. In January of 2013 we will be starting a guest room upgrade and I'm sure you will see a finished product that you will enjoy. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Shawn Kennedy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband planned a trip to Appleton for me for my birthday. He booked a suite at this hotel with a whirlpool in it. Amagine our disspointment when we arrived to check in only to find out that the Manager had given our room to someone else. We had no explaination except "sorry". They did offer us a different room at no charge which we had to accept due to the fact that it was a Packer home game weekend and there were no other rooms to be had. So my suggestion is if you are planning a special occasion and you don't want to be dissappointed I would suggest a different hotel. If the Manager would give away a room that was reserved for someone else, I think they shouldn't be a Manager. Also if you are a fan of pre-prepared rewarmed breakfast you might like the food. I prefer a little more care taken with my food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy1029
Shawn K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I am so sorry to hear that you were disapointted with you stay. Unfortunately there was a mix up within our reservation system and with only two whirlpool suites we became overbooked with that room type. The manager on duty that evening tried his best to accommodate you during your stay and did comp part of your stay for the inconvienence.

Hopefully you will give us another chance in the future as your experience is not the norm for our hotel and I am truly sorry that your stay and birthday were not perfect.

Travelers are raving about these Appleton hotels

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed overnight while in town on business. The hotel itself is nice, staff is friendly, and I had a good nights sleep.

I only gave the hotel 3 stars because overall, the place just needs a good cleaning from the elevators to the bathrooms. By no means am I talking unsanitary conditions, but just some more pride in the daily cleaning.

I would stay here again, it's a good price and a good location.

Room Tip: The hotel restaurant has a really good breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I like the service in this hotel, I love the location, very close to the Appleton airport and right next to the highway and the mall. It has a bar downstairs and a restaurant, so that's nice too. The rooms need to be remodeled, it's a little dated but overall this is my favorite place to stay in the area, I just got used to it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on our hotel. I am pleased to tell you that in January 2013 we will be starting a guest room update and you will see a more modern look to the rooms. Thanks for being such a loyal guest, and we look to see you again soon. Shawn
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The gentleman who checked me in was rather rude and acted as if he was doing me a favor by giving me a room key. It's an older building and the room I was in seemed rather outdated. The wireless internet was crappy and I couldn't get any work done. I was also disappointed there was an additional charge for breakfast. I only stayed one night - I had never stayed here before - but I won't be staying at this particular hotel again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank EAW1228
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear EAW1228,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am disappointed to hear about your experience regarding your recent stay with us. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, particularly with the service you received at check in and room accommodations you received. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Michigan
Reviewed September 10, 2012

During our recent stay at the Appleton, WI Holiday Inn it was to be my boyfriend's birthday and i wanted to do something very special for him so I contacted Chris at guest services and expalined what I would like and he delivered my request beyond my expectations. The staff seemed to be just excited as I was to pull off this surprise and it sure made my boyfriend feel special. Thank you agian Chris and staff for making our stay a great one! We will be back! The room was great also. Thanks Renee from the U.P. Michigan

Room Tip: the King room on the 6th floor was very spacious and quite. sure was relaxing!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Renee, Thanks for taking the time to give us your comments! We are glad that you had a great time and your boyfriend had a nice birthday. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Shawn
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Disappointed I was not put on the priority club floor, but I'm used to that. I work overnights and they put me next to the elevator, I was pissed but of course nothing could be done about changing the room. I'm not blaming them about the noise I just wish I could have been put at the end of the hallway. Other than that everything was fine.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay. We do try very hard to meet every guest request and I do apologize that we could not get you at the end of the hall. I am glad that your stay was quiet and we will do our best on your next visit to get you in the location you would like. Shawn