“Fantastic”

Comfort Suites Appleton Airport
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed February 22, 2014

A friend and I were in town to see the production of Wicked. The hotels shuttle took us downtown to the restaurant where we had dinner first, then the play, then we were picked back up by the shuttle at the door of the arts center. WONDERFUL considering it was a minus 9* windchill - no walking to a cold car blocks away. Room was beautifully redecorated. (had a king suite) breakfast was fresh and hot - great selection. Could see other families with small children having a wonderful time in the pool area. Will be back for sure. Thanks for making it a great stay!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Kind Regards,

Chuck Gifford
Comfort Suites
920-730-3800

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I only stay at this hotel when in the Appleton area because the staff is so friendly and they will take the time to get to know you and the room type that your prefer if you travel often.
I think it is great that they offer a special Happy Hour for guests of the hotel.
The Bartender Nicci has a great personality and she burned my pizza just the way I liked it! She thought it was over done but it was JUST what I asked for and was perfect! Thanks Nichole!
Bruce also has a great personality and is always great with the guests.
This hotel is Great for the business traveler along with Family friendly.
They have a large pool with a water slide for the kids and a very large Jacuzzi for the adults.
I would Hightly recommend this hotel !

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We live a good 2 and half hours away north. We take our family here to relax and let kids swim a couple times a year. Close to mall and airport. Lots of stuff to entertain kids. Happy hour is nice for parents too :) pet friendly and very nice staff. Rooms are nice as well.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We booked the room at the last minute because there was a snow storm coming and needed to be in the area the next day. It was the first time we stayed in Appleton we chose the hotel for the location to the interstate. It was easy to find and noticed it was a very short distance from the mall. The room was a clean and a nice size. We arrived after the happy hour but the bar looked nice and there was big area to sit and relax. There is a large pool area in the center of the hotel. The hot tub was nice and there were plenty of towels. The free breakfast was a good start of the day. We had a couple of questions on where things were and the staff was very helpful. We would stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel is great. The staff is always friendly and helpful. We love the cocktail time that is offered and having the hotel shuttle service available. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The chlorine level is ridiculously high with minimal ventilation. By the end of the weekend, our children were vomiting from the amount of chlorine they were exposed to & we had to leave early. The managers response was that some kids react differently to chlorine & offered no sort of refund. My children have gone to indoor waterparks & have spent HOURS without any burning eyes or nausea/vomiting.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay in December 2012. At that time we used Liquid Chlorine to disinfect our pools with a system that continuously monitors the levels of Chlorine and PH. I can't recall if we had a problem with the system and levels that long ago, but I am sure the staff did everything they could to correct any problems that may have been present. Our pool area is a popular feature of our Hotel.
Sine you stayed with us we have switched our disinfecting system from liquid Chlorine to Salt and added a water splash slide to the pool area. The system works fantastic and we have had no complaints of negative reactions from guests since it was installed. Hope you will contact me for a free stay to experience it yourself.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

the experience at this hotel was in need of major enhancement. I will be sending pictures via email to the general manager as well, but the ceiling above the whirlpool tub was peeling horribly, the cover for the electrical (once it started working in the whirlpool tub) kept falling off thereby exposing an electrical plug to water (with no safety plug as you normally find in bathrooms - major safety hazard!) and the couch had a large rip in it... i normally stay at the marriott brand hotels and now I know why... very disappointed

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about the loose whirlpool access panel in your room. I wish you would have informed us about the problem during your stay so we could have addressed it immediately. We will have our maintenance staff fix this problem today, so our future guests that use that whirlpool will not experience the same thing.
I apologize for the condition of your sofa and bathroom ceiling. We are renovating the hotel this month and will have all new sofa sleepers in our guestrooms in two weeks. I am sorry you stayed with us prior to our completed renovation. I hope you will try us again after its done and see the improvements.