“What a terrific hotel and staff!!!”

Comfort Suites Appleton Airport
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Suites Comfort Dome this past weekend. We received a great rate on a poolside room. This hotel also provided cookies when you check in, and they have a happy hour with certain beer, wine and rail drinks that are free for their guests. They also have a very good continental breakfast. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly. Angie and Ben were our front desk specialists, and they went out of their way to provide a very friendly and amazing stay. We will definetly stay there again. Thank you Angie and Ben for a terrific stay.You two are truely an asset to this hotel and management should reward you for going up and beyond.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites Appleton. I was so glad to hear you had a superior experience during your stay. I will make sure Ben & Angie know you appreciated the excellent service they provided you and recommend them for recognition. I am sure many travelers to the Fox Cites will find your review helpful. Best Regards.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at this property and left our car there while we vacationed in Florida. Everything went well until we returned to Appleton. First, we were told to use the airport kiosk/courtesy phone to call them for a pickup. One problem, they are NOT on of the hotels listed at the kiosk. We located the number and proceeded to call. NO ANSWER for ann HOUR (between 9:30 and 10:30 pm). We eventually got a cab. When we got to the hotel at 10:45 pm, there was NO ONE at the front desk. Eventually, the bartender located the night manager who did agree to pay for the cab. End of story, we arrived home 1.5 hours later than plan and very aggravated.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Please accept my apologies for the poor service you received from our hotel on your return from Florida. We pride ourselves on superior guest service at Comfort Suites Appleton, so your experience is deeply disturbing to me. I will be discussing this with the staff ASAP to determine what happened the evening of your return and take steps to make sure it does not happen to any of our future guests. Please feel free to contact me anytime directly regarding your experience.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was excited to stay here based upon previous good reviews........we found a blood stain on the mattress bad and managment did not seem overly concerned. Hotel was loud very loud at 230AM in the morning due to a Packer Game the next day. I have requested a call back but no response. Very disappointed with our experience and mangement's lack of concern.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Please accept my personal apologies for your negative experience during your stay at the Comfort Suites Appleton. it is always our goal to make sure all our guests have the most enjoyable stay possible. I don't know how the stained sheet made it through our laundry process, but the staff will be more careful in the future. It is also unfortunate that we get some guests that don't respect the rights of their fellow guests to enjoy a good nights sleep during their celebrating. I hope refunding you the cost of your room was adequate compensation for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay.

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was selected for me by a group that I was traveling with on business. I was not expecting much. I was very very wrong. Incredibly, this hotel is located seconds off the expressway. However, when you sit on the front porch with the rocking chairs one gets to feel that you are away from everything. I don't know how they accomplish this but it was the feeling that I had.
When you enter the lobby one feels as if you've entered into a grand home. There are comfortable areas to sit and read books, play board games, enjoy television and even surf the web on computers that are available. The conference room in which we had our daylong meeting had the most comfortable chairs I've experienced in a conference room and quite some time.
The rooms are well appointed, plenty of workspace, extremely comfortable beds, and very clean. This is truly an outstanding hotel in an unlikely spot in a small town like Appleton Wisconsin. It is also very close to a large mall with many places to eat and shop. I would return. Kudos to the management.

• Stayed: November 2012
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience at the Comfort Suites Appleton. I am sure many travelers will find it helpful when choosing a place to stay when traveling to the Fox Cities Area. I was so glad to hear that your group chose our Hotel for your meeting. I hope you were able to pass on your comments to them as well. I will pass on your comments to the staff and owners. It is always nice to hear our guest appreciate what we have to offer. Best regards.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is my hotel of choice when traveling to our location in Appleton. Checking is usually a breeze. Comfy beds and really nice bathroom. Recently renovated with a welcoming vibe. Mini fridge and microwave are convenient for those late night snacks. Love sitting on the massive front porch in the spring and summer months. Free breakfast and happy hour!

Room Tip: I prefer first floor rooms since there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

I loved reading your review of the Comfort Suites Appleton. I am sure many travelers to the Appleton area will find is helpful when they decide where to stay. I was glad to hear you like some of the renovations we have be doing. we have more planned for the coming year and hope to have an elevator installed with-in the next to years. Until then, we have many suites on the first floor for your convenience. Please stop in and say "Hi", during your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable, location to mall and food was very convenient. The only complaint is the pool area. The chlorine content was so extreme that my eyes actually burned and my family and I could not be in the area anymore. I have never had a problem with chlorine before this. Overall, great hotel but if you want to swim for a while and relax in the hot tub I would not recommend this one unless they change the amount of chlorine in the pool and hot tub.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank You for taking the time to review your recent stay. I was not aware of any pool chemistry problems in October, so now I will double check our equipment and testing records to see where the problem was. We definitely want our guests to be able to enjoy the largest indoor hotel pool and hot tub in the Fox Cities while they are staying with us. Thanks again for alerting us to the problem. I hope you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've stayed here several times over the last several years and continue to go back. Close to Fox Valley Technical College. Typical Comfort Inn breakfast menu, but the breakfast meat is significantly better than Comfort Inns I stay at across the country. Not sure why that is, but I always look forward to it.

I must admit that this year, they put me in a room at the back of the hotel. Quiet and clean, but getting a little rough around the edges. Carpet had some snags, bathroom beginning to look a little dated, but still a great hotel for the rate.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Comfort Suites Appleton. I am sure many travelers to the Fox Cites will find it helpful. I will pass on your comments to the owners and staff. We are in the process of continued updating of the Hotel to keep things fresh. We hope to see you again soon and let us know how you like the updates to the property.