“Nice hotel”

Comfort Suites Appleton Airport
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Had a great stay. The rooms were nice and the pool was great for the kids. Would stay again!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Ksc3
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate your stay at the Comfort Suites Appleton. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon. Please contact me if I can be of assistance anytime.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

The hotel is nice and well kept. The prepackaged breakfast items were good, but skip the hot items. They have a nightly "happy hour" in the lounge area with free drinks which gets quite crowded. The rooms are clean, but reserve a room with two beds. The rooms with one bed and a fold out coach are really small - we were cramped with 2 adults and one small child. The pool area is large with video games, hot tub, pool, and ping pong. The front desk staff is polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Corner rooms which overlook the pool are much larger than other rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank katibug4
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at the Comfort Suites Appleton. You have made some excellent observations that will assist us and our future guests. Hope you have a chance to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

The thing I have found about the choice hotel chain is there is very little consistency between properties. When ever I make a reservation with an unknown or unseen property I ask 3 questions. 1)How old is the property 2)Any recent remodles and 3)How long have you been a brand of that chain? When I ask the person that answered the phone these questions I was told the property was about 25 years old and that the bathrooms were just recently remodeled and it had been a Comfort Suites for about 5 or 6 years. Well, these answers made me a little skeptical, but it was about the only hotel that had availabilty so I booked, concerned what awaited me.
SURPRISE..SURPRISE..SURPRISE
It was a beautiful property, it was very clean, carpets and beds were clean and the bathroom was indeed newly remodled. It appeared they may have still be doing some work around the building, new roof and crates of stone and tiles sitting in the parking lot. DO NOT HESITATE on this property. It has a wonderful indoor pool and extra large hot tub-capacity of maybe 20 people. It has a great breakfast and really nice dining area and also a full bar called "the irish pub".

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank digger-ace
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Loved you comments regarding your recent stay at our property. Your initial concerns are warranted, and I will pass them on to my contacts at Choice Hotels. We strive to be at the Top of our Chain.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Nice, clean, comfortable, and affordable. Loved the bar and happy hour, and the indoor pool and hot tub was really nice.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cms5241

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. I am so glad you had a nice experience. Hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2011

Not worth the money, we paid $149 plus tax for a king room, won't stay again.
The pool area and breakfast were nice.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Plk47
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time write a review regarding your stay at the Comfort Suites Appleton Airport. I am sorry you did not feel you received a good value for your room. We are continuously monitoring our price structure, because we want to be the best value hotel in our market. Rates will vary depending on local demand and room type. We often have special rates during slower times listed on our website. We will be sure to evaluate our current rates based on your comments.
Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel at the time of my last stay was undergoing a make over. They seemed to be doing a great job. Value for money this is an excellent hotel. This trip I stayed ina king suit with hot tub and the room was excellent. Large, comfortable and clean room. Well appointed. The two points I think need improving, one of the TVs was old and needed replacing, however the one in the bedroom are was a lovely 50" LCD. The other was that the aircon did not get the room as cool as I like to sleep. It may have been that the timer on the energy save system they use in the hotel would cut the aircon off every 2 hours, great, so I would wake up and go hit the cool button again. May be a software glitch.

This hotel has a great indoor pool area, making it a great family hotel, it has a small but adequate bar, staff are frendly. Breakfast is better than your average Comfort Inn, more inline with the Hampton breakfast. That means hot food!

The rooms facing the pool have nop external windows so if you like light or sleeping with the curtains open, ask for a room facing the outside. That was a mistake I made, large rooms with no natural light are not my favorite. Overall though I like this hotel very much. Home Depot, Target and a few other stores are close enough to walk to, and a Quik Trip and Wendy'y right next to it make it very easy to get a snack!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank pxtaylor
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Your candid comments have been very helpful and we will strive to continue improving our Hotel and services.

Reviewed April 11, 2011

I can't say enough about how much i love this hotel. The exterior of the hotel is in great condition and looks very inviting. You walk into the lobby and you are immediatly greeted by the freincly desk staff in a large open lobby area. The spacious lobby area includes two sitting areas on either side of the front desk each with a tv and a computer in each sitting area. Behind the front desk is another lounge area where there is also a large tv hanging on the wall. This is where the free breakfast is served. The breakfast is pretty standard for a choice hotel. It has the standard pastries and the make your own waffle area. The rooms are newly updated and as i can tell they are in the process of being revnovated. The construction noise did not bother me because they only worked during the day when I wasn't there for the most part. The rooms have two queen beds plus a sofa with a pullout bed. My one complaint of the sofa bead is the lack of a comforter. I did, however, find four pillows in a secret compartment on the coffee table. The pool area is right in the center of the hotel with a big wall of windows on one side. Those who have rooms on the first floor with center windows have doors that go right into the pool area. Overall, I highly reccomend this hotel for anyone staying in the Appleton area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jwags99
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Appleton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2011

Thank you for your comments. You describe our Hotel very well. This review should help our future guests better understand what the Comfort Suites Appleton has to offer. Our goal is to make sure all our guests have the same positive guest experiance that you had during your stay.