“Excellent option!”

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Jericoacoara
Menlo Park, California
“Excellent option!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Very nice environment, family friendly facilities and full breakfast service.

Roberto is excellent person, he'll take care of everything you need, including places to visit nearby.

Patricia and Ricardo will always follow up how you are doing and offer best of the place.

great place to stay. Wish I could stay longer.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Idontnowwahtisabout

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Milton, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Staying at Vila Bela Vista was an amazing experience. The place is really nice and well kept. There is air conditioning in the rooms and free wifi anywhere. Included is a nice breakfast with a variety of fruits, juices, eggs, etc. The pool is small, but is always clean. The pousada is a bit far from the center of Jericoacoara and the beach, but that was not an issue for me and I knew about it before going there. Walking distance to the main streets is approximately 10 minutes. Overall it was a very pleasant and relaxing stay at Vila Bela Vista and Jericoacoara is a place not to miss in Brazil.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Orisha85
Brownsville, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I recently took a group of 14 college students to Jericoacoara in addition to my two children. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, everyone was great! The cafe de manha was excellent and delicious. The pousada has such a great vibe and all of us had a great experience. We stayed 7 nights and no one wanted to leave the pousada or Jericoacoara. I will definitely try to stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. It is the perfect balance between rustic and comfort. Can't say enough, loved it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My friends and I stayed at Vila Bela Vista for Semana Santa (Holy Week) and it was wonderful! The staff were all very friendly, helpful, and most even spoke English (not a common characteristic in many parts of Brazil.) I loved being at this eco-resort with the friendly dogs, cats, and sheep roaming about the place. I was thrilled when i heard that we could arrange tours on buggies and horses from the pousada's private stable of rescued horses and that prices were negotiable as they need all the money they can get to help care for the horses. The pousada was kept very clean and all of the rooms were lovely. Vila Bela Vista had wonderful food, a swimming pool, hot tub, plenty of activities and tours available for those with a variety of interests, and a horse-drawn "chariot" that would take you to and from town for free. If I am luck enough to go back to Jeri, I know where I'll be staying :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Hotelier's should always
1. have people at the front desk who speak at least 2 languages. P. Vila Bela did a GREAT job on this.
2. ask "how was your stay" at the end of the visit. If they had, we could have discussed the issue about the hotel's resident kids, and this review might have been different.

Seems to me that raising small children at a small pousada is problematic. The constant yelling, loud talking, screaming or crying made daytime naps impossible, and late morning sleep-in's just as bad. The kids were nice enough, and probably welcome company for guests with their own small children, but the noise definitely diminished my enjoyment of this otherwise delightful pousada.

Great home cooked dinners available. Full service bar, good wifi, pool, and quiet location.

Room Tip: If kids's shouting and yelling is an issue for you, see if you can get a room far away from the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SeattleTravelLover1
karithompson, Owner at Pousada Vila Bela Vista, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I am sorry if the kids were too loud during the day. We live on site and the kids always play in the daytime after school. They are not allowed to leave the premises without an adult so they do swim, and play very hard. There is an area for the kids located at the back of the hotel with a trampoline, treehouse etc... so it shouldn't have been that loud unless they were at the pool and you were in a standard room that surrounds the pool. I wish you would have been able to bring it to my attention as it is impossible to fix things after the fact. I could have easily moved you to a back room if one was available. I am really sorry I wasn't able to hep you while you were a guest:)

I appreciate the tips and will be more tuned in to guests that are hanging out in the daytime.

Jodi/Patricia and family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I have come to Jeri for the first part in a series of short trips which will make up our honeymoon... We're basically trying to extend this out as far as we can...:-)

Although it is the quiet season, Jeri has been pure bliss, made all that more special by the amazing people who run Vila Bela Vista, Jodi and Marcio.

From horse back riding to the sun dune, to organising some our our daily excursions, they were more than happy to assist.

To top it all off, Jodi and Marcio also own a posada (more like an exclusive resort) just outside of Prea, which is about 10km from Jeri ( you will actually drive through Prea on your way through to Jeri), which they offered us to stay at for a couple nights of our stay... Currently the place is not open, however they are planning on opening formally in a few months.

Well I have to say that this was the highlight of our stay thus far, a beautiful resort on the beach front with a 23m pool overlooking the ocean, with nearly no one else around... Heaven!

Thanks again to Jodi and Marcio for making our stay so memorable and enjoyable - we'll definitely be back again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went as a couple to Vila Bela Vista, and felt like home. Their secret is keeping things warmth and familiar, making guests feel very comfortable, and not as mere customers. Everyone there (the family, Jon and Elizabeth, Soarez, and all the guys) made us have such a great time!

The location of the pousada, though retracted from the center of Jeri, permits a unique sight of the dunes and helps create a particular peaceful atmosphere - we woke up with rooster's crows! Though distance may seem at first something to take into account, they have buggys and charriots to take you to the center for free, and whenever you like.

We also loved the tropical vegetation, and colourful flowers all over the pousada. Our room also was spacious and very nicely displayed. Even the ambientation corresponds to their ecological spirit. It's great to see their job recovering mistreated horses and other animals.

For anyone who visits Jeri, Vila Bela Vista is a true hidden treasure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple