“Excellent!”

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Jericoacoara
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Excellent choice for staying in Jeri. A bit pricey when compared to other local options, but it is justified by the good service, location and facilities. Ideal to them who want to relax and be well served. Close to the city center, the hotel is located at a walkable distance from the main street. My only complaint is that the bathroom could be better. I recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
Philippines
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I've been in MyBlue hotel for a total of 5 nights in the period during the World Cup. The price I was charged at the booking was a significant amount of money, therefore I was expecting a world class 5 star hotel. I had no idea my expectations were going to be so unmatched.
The drama started when I checked in, I was placed by a very negligent receptionist in a part of the resort with several rooms under construction, so after a few hours going crazy by the hammering next door, I ended up asking the front desk to be moved somewhere else.
This time I was placed in the front of the resort, in a room where I couldn't even get in cause the door had a broken lock.
The lock wasn't fixed despite my complaint, instead I was told by the housekeeper a tip on how to open it after several attempts. So for the whole duration of my stay in MyBlue, every time I had to get in my room, I had to struggle for a few minutes trying to get my key working with a defective lock.
The room was very basic, typical of a 2 stars resort. I just couldn't believe I was paying for that more than 400 $/night. A reasonable price would have been anywhere between 60$ and 100$, even considering the peak season.
The first morning I went to the restaurant, with the hope to get a decent breakfast, but once again my expectations were not met, as I realized that there were pretty much only fruits and cakes available. I don't understand why so many cakes are served for breakfast, both sweet and salty. That's weird cause if you don't like cakes, you are pretty much end eating nothing.
The facilities of the hotel are old, overused and bad maintained.
Internet never worked during the 5 days I tried to get online, and despite of my requests at the front desk, nobody ever did anything to fix it and I was never given an update or a time frame for it to work. It seems that this internet problem is going on forever in MyBlue, and the staff just choses to ignore the clients complaints. I understand that attitude if they were charging a reasonable amount, but once again, with what I paid I expected a much MUCH better service, attitudes and overall organization.
I will certainly never stay again in MyBlue Hotel unless they'll start to price it properly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Island_boy75
giobof, Gerente at My Blue Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
Dear Guest,
The My Blue Hotel is located in the best place of Jericoacoara. Our hotel was completely renewed. Sorry about the inconvenience, but we was working for better structure in the hotel. Now, all accommodations are new and moderns. The price of hotel is R$400 (like U$150).
Our breakfast is served like brazilian style. However, have eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, cheese, in other words, everything that to have in some hotel in the world. We have a special service with a menu, which the omelettes, tapiocas and sandwiches are made at moment. Our guests say that this is amazing. We have two big pools, jacuzzi with sea view, restaurant with Brazilian Popular Music, gym and other facilities for bigger comfort of our guests.
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This place.... It's just pure awesomeness!

The whole Jericoacora as a location is something out of this world and My Blue Hotel was at least for us the perfect icing on the cake. The location is brilliant. Pool area really good. Service is friendly. What more do you want?

Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have nothing to complain about the beatiful place but I must say.. the service is one of the worst I have ever seen and is not worth it at all! the rooms are very sobers and empty,minibar pretty ridiculous for an hotel that wants to look pretty cool and is too expensive compared to the service that offers!
We asked for a transfer that never showed up and almost lost our flight and as I can read this has already happen before! people responsable for the reception are extremely rude and with so little patience. I am surely going back to Jericoacoara but it will not be at this hotel.I would rather spend my money in a better way,travelling 14 hourse to stayed at My Blu Hotel for a week was a giant waste of my mine and TIME.

Room Tip: Choose a room far from the pools.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank babiacono
giobof, Gerente at My Blue Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Guest, We are so sorry that you are disappointed. As you have said our hotel has a lovely green area, our rooms are colorful and have a own decoration appropriate for an hotel on the beach. Regarding the mini bar we are usually to use the items that are consumed more, as we have seen in the practice of everyday, consumption of mini bar is very small even this is a reason why we have a room service with a very extensive menu. We could not have the perfection , but we are proud of our team who is always ready to serve. We apologize for your disappointment, we also appreciate the comment because is always important to improve our Hotel. Our mission is to provide anyone who comes in Jeri such a wonderful experience, as many reviews are describing here and this place.
sao paulo, brazil
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The localization of this hotel is perfect and the property is gorgeous. Breakfast was good and service attentive. Front desk personnel was a little bit confusing, but did not spoiled the experience. The rooms are small for brazilian or US standards (standard for europeans); the bathroom was also small and badly projected. Overall, infrastructure was run down, but did spoil the experience. It is probably the best you can get in Jericoacoara, but it is far from luxurious.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
São Paulo, SP
Reviewed January 22, 2014

After the trip from Fortaleza to Jeri you get to this spot and it is like arriving to heaven, very well decorated, clean and close to the beach

We were there 4 nights and nothing went wrong, internet is wireless with a decent speed.

Breakfast is very local but well made

I recommend it widely

Go to Jeri and will not forget it

Room Tip: It is one of the best options in town.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed 10 days at My Blue Hotel. And we had the best most relaxing days ever. Our son of 10 really enjoyed the pools, and the place still oozed tranquility and relaxation. The breakfast was a daily feast. And all staff was friendly, dedicated and serviceminded. My best recommendations <3

• Stayed September 2013