If you absolutely must go to Fortaleza, Brazil. This is the hotel to stay, It bears more than adequate facilities, like a 4 star hotel in the US. The Rooms are spacious and clean, everything was in order when I went here in late october 2012.
Service is good, with room service being good in a city without that many gourmet options. I was rather surprised to find such a good hotel in a city like Fortaleza.
That said Fortaleza is an extremely poor city, that lacks a proper taxi fleet, good restaurants and even natural attractions. It is probable the last city I would recommend for anyone willing to do tourism in Brazil, and I know a bunch of bad destinations in Brazil.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gran Marquise Hotel is classified as a luxury 5-star hotel. It is situated on Avenida Beira Mar, on the Mucuripe beach, about 7 km from the center of Fortaleza, the Hotel offers a complete structure for business and vacation trips, has 230 rooms, a lobby bar, a swimming pool, a fitness center, a SPA by L'Occitane, a business center and spacious rooms for events with a capacity of up to 1,300 people. It also has two segmented restaurants: and the Mucuripe l, specialized in pasta, risottos, salads, grilled meat and which, on Saturdays, serves the best feijoada in town, voted for eight consecutive years by the judge panel of the magazine Veja Fortaleza; the Mangostin, specialized in Thai, Chinese, Korean and Japanese cuisines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Prestigia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Hotel Gran Marquise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Melia Fortaleza
- Sol Melia Hotel Fortaleza
- Fortaleza Sol Melia
- Hotel Gran Marquise Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil