“Comfortable hotel in good location”

Hotel Sonata De Iracema
Ranked #3 of 95 Hotels in Fortaleza
Sydney, Australia
“Comfortable hotel in good location”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed here twice during the FIFA World Cup. Excellent location - close to all the action. Front of house service was good. The breakfast was up to standard so no major complaints

I would note that the swimming pool is a bit small. The gym was a joke - basically 1 running machine and no A/C.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Recife, PE
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This hotel had a pretty good location, clean rooms and good staff. But dont expect too much from comfort! Beds are usually small. They usually have better prices though comparing to the other hotels close.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

3 of us shared a room on our World Cup visit to Fortaleza. Although to was a tight fit, I actually thought this hotel was great. If you only care about a hotel to sleep in then this place fits the bill. The beds were comfortable and each day we had clean sheets and towels.

The hotel is situated in a perfect location to either explore the historic part of town, enjoy a few late night drink in the nearby square, head to the Fanfest or chill on the beach. Great wifi, nice pool area and for what we paid, this is a good place to stay.

Thanks, Fortaleza!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We are traveling in Brazil for the World Cup and we have experienced some serious hardship during this trip and we have built a very high tolerance but this hotel was something else.
We had booked this hotel because of all the glorious reviews but I have to say that this is the first time that tripadvisor failed us.
This place is not a hotel, it is barely a motel!! The check in process was ok and we got to our room relatively quickly. We walked in and it took us a while to get the magnitude of the awfulness of this place (rough day going to the game and getting out of the arena). The room is so dingy. The curtains are gross. The walls are gross. The bathroom (all 2x2 sqft of it) is gross. But, what made us leave and never look back was this gross bug on one of the pillows. Thank goodness we inspected the bedding before anything else. The had stains on the bed sheets; there was stain on the wall art too! I cannot believe that this place has the decency of charging $350 (US dollars) for a dump that it is. We left the room and checked into another hotel. Of course when we called to explain to them what had happened they couldn't understand us over the phone (I was telling the guy that we had checked in to room ### and he kept connecting me to room ###). The whole experience was frustrating and disgusting. I don't know what standards one might have to even consider this place!!! Awful! Horrible.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank WorldCup2014Traveler
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

First time to Fortaleza and what a wonderful experience not only on the hotel but the match that I went to see.

Hotel is convinently close to the beach and within 50m to a grocery store. View was wonderful with sea view. The only problem was the toilet which was kind of small and the room I had did not have a proper shampoo and soap holder in the shower.

Overall my 4 days stay was wonderful and will surely return to Fortaleza and to the hotel in the neae future.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Metepec, Mexico
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I rated this hotel "very well" because, considering the circumstances of Brazil, this hotel was very decent. Clean and fresh.
Brazil has probably the worst service in the world. If you consider this, then this hotel is great option for those coming here to Fortaleza, city which I do not recommend to visit, because of the danger and it's insecurity.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank MrPipos
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights and this was a really good choice! The hotel is brand new, everything was renovated recently. The service was nice, polite and they have indicated us some nice places for dinner. We were a group of 5 woman and they have provided us with some advice on the area, which was not very safe.
The room had a nice space, two beds and a really, really nice view! I guess all of them are facing the ocean. The bathroom was clean, I’m a tinny person so for me it was ok, but if you are tall or big, you can face some difficulties. The internet connection was fast and you could connect more than one device at the same time.
Breakfast and lunch were nice, but there were not many options on the buffet – which is strange for a hotel in the Northeast. Although there’s one thing that I believe it was a really nice touch, when I was working in the lobby, they always come to serve me some coconut water. It was really hot at the time, so it was perfect. I recommend this hotel and if I have the chance, I’ll go back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business