“OMG”

El Tequila
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Antigo
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Great Mexican Cuisine which is very authentic for that area and very good.
Pelican Lake, Wisconsin
“OMG”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Oh My Goodness, what a sorry state of affairs, poor old Antigo. This place features awful, nearly rot gut Mexican food. And, some of you folks lap it up. I know good to decent Mexican American food. I live each winter in southern New Mexico, and I have visited various provinces of Mexico often, and I love good Mexican fare. Bring it on. and, I summer 25 minutes from Elcho, WI. I desperately wanted this joint to be good. Sorry, it's a stinker from start to finish. Stale chips is a stupido and cheap starter. Refritos filled with lard are not edible. Chicken fajita hunks are soft and spongy, a sure sign of excess meat tenderizer or flash freezing. Enchilada sauce no better than the canned version. A taco no way as good as Taco Bell, which to me is the pits. The manger just said "duh"! All I can figure is that the folks who like this place must love free refills and chips, or all you can eat buffets. Save your self a tummy ache, buy a Mexican TV dinner or a Truck Stop burrito. This is the worst review I have ever written, and I have no axe to grind or no cousin to please. Sorry, amigos.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Joecafone

“Wonderful food, atmosphere and staff”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been here many times and it is consistently great. The food is always fresh and delicious. The atmosphere is fun and inviting. A must try Antigo gem.

• Visited April 2013
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Very friendly staff, goes out of their way for the customer.”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Traveling through Antigo tonight and saw good reviews for El Tequila on Trip Advisor. Extensive menu, some interesting choices. Inexpensive. It's a faster Mexican food type restaurant, a chain.. Waiter was very friendly, gave my husband a recommendation (per my husband's request) and said "it's on me if you don't like it". Entrees were brought out by a kitchen staffer with big hot pads, and he even asked if he could replenish chips and salsa. Food was yummy. I had vegetarian fajitas which were good. My husband had Tequila "something", shrimp and chicken and veggies, over rice. Good flavor. My husband used one of my extra tortillas for his meal (his meal did not come with any) and the waiter saw my husband eating his food in one of my tortillas, and offered to bring some tortillaa for him, which he did without any extra charge. We left full and even my 8 year old expressed how impressed he was with his experience and how yummy the food was.

rhinelander wi
“Fantastic Food and Service”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have been going to El Tequila since they opened. I don't get to Antigo as often anymore but I make sure to stop when ever I am in town.
The food is always great and the service is great also.
We've been there for the lunch specials and also for dinner and have always had excellant food.
I recommend it to anyone that wants good Mexican food!

• Visited October 2012
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
“My favorite place!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

What more can you want? Great service, friendly and attentive staff, and the best food! Oh, I know -- their $1.99 margaritas on Monday and Tuesdays!!! And everyday they have a lunch special which is often under four dollars!
If you drive through Antigo, this is a must stop!

• Visited June 2012