Americas Best Value Inn Antigo
$50
Stewart Inn(Wausau)
$117
$113
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 23, 2013

First of all the front desk people did not speak english very well. couldnt understand anything they were telling me. had to switch room cuz the bathroom was really dirty in the first one. the second was better but still not great. there were toe nails all over the floor around the pool. then the owners or managers daughter tagged along with outside to take our luggage to the car and wanted to come into our room. while i was taking something out to the car they had already started clean my room before i had checked out.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank raeraecael
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Do not try to book at this hotel, they care nothing for the customer. I tried to cancel two days before my trip here (within the 48 hours required) and they informed me had to go on their website but didn't know the number. Once I found the number was informed 3 hours too late. Left a message for corporate and they promised to call back...never did. Hotel also claimed no manager worker for a week and they would call me back...never did. Charged me $70 even though we cancelled on time. Were later told in an email from Corporate it actually needed to be longer then 48 hours (amazoing how the story kept changing and no one wanted to take ownership and help the customer) Most hotels cancel within 24-48 hours notice. Person at the hotel answering phone didn't speak very good English. Glad we didn't stay here, I'm sure the hotel is horrible if can't even take care of a customer.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kathryn D
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter in law and two grandchildren. My grandson was playing in a baseball tournament and this was the only hotel that had any rooms available. When my daughter in law called to make the reservation, she was told she could get a queen size bed (supposedly, they don't have rooms with two beds) and a queen roll away. Well, when we checked in, it was a 'single' roll away and they had nothing else plus no other rooms. The roll away mattress was maybe two inches thick and hard has a board!!!! As someone else mentioned, the breakfast was not much- they did have waffles but the rest was packaged and the cereal was stale. Also, the milk in the fridge was warm. When we got back from the ball games on Sat., our door was propped open!!!!!! They hadn't given any clean towels or made the bed, only emptied the garbage and when my daughter in law told them about the open door, they denied it!!! It's a good thing we hadn't left any valuables in the room. Also, the owners and others working there did not speak very good English- it was hard to understand them and not sure how well they understood us. I do have one good comment- our room was clean and the linens smelled fresh. But overall, it was not a good stay and I would not recommend it. We would've stayed somewhere else but all hotels (not very many) were full.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank MstqMI
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We called ahead and made reservation and received a quoted rate. When we arrived they wouldn't honor the rate we were quoted and we couldn't understand anything the front desk people said. Our room smelled and the bathroom floor was dirty.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Tammy H
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at Americas Best and the service was excellent the check in was fast and the person behind the desk was professional and funny. The price was very reasonable and for what we paid we where happy with and thanked the hotel for the great rate. When we got to our room it was nice and big and very clean the T.V. was very nice and it was very quit the pool area was great and with the temp outside it felt nice to warm up. Our stay was very nice and i would reccomend staying here every thing was very accommodating and we thanked them for this we will be returning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family