I was looking for a place where I could completely decompress over a long weekend alone by the beach in the middle of a long LatAm business trip. The logistics of getting to Porto Alegre - the nearest commerical airport - were not ideal, but once I got to the hotel, all my worries vanished.
This place feels exactly like as if you were invited by a guest with a large beach-house compound of separate villas, with extremely helpful personal staff on hand at all times that weren't too intrusive. Trancoso is VERY laid back - a throwback to the Brazil of the 80s I remember - but the great accommodations, food and service are fantastic. Galen - the American owner of the hotel - was extremely welcoming and invited me as a solo traveler to join him and visiting family for drinks and dinner, yet never made me feel under any obligation to do anything but my own thing at all times.
There are all sorts of outdoor activites possible: kite surfing, riding, biking, surfing, golf etc. I didn't get a chance to do anything but relax in the sun and swim at deserted beaches, but I looked into the options as I am definitely planning to come back with my family. The property - with only six villas - feels like a home and would be anideal place to book for a family get-together or for a large group of friends.
The property is very attractive and the lighting is particularly well done
creating a beautiful atmosphere in the evenings.
The food was great as were the drinks... The menu was helpful but at the end of the day, they were happy to make anything if the ingredients were available.
Finally, after the prices in Rio and SP, the hotel - while not cheap - was great value for money and the ancillary charges for drinks, water, laundry etc. were not the egregious profit centers they are elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in Brazil and just 1.5 kilometers from the historic "Quadrado" of Trancoso you will find our Villas. An oceanfront boutique hotel offering an extraordinary combination of manicured gardens, superb cuisine, attentive staff, world class golf and miles of endless golden sand. Recipient of Trip Advisors "Traveler's Choice Award" in 2013 as the #1 boutique hotel in Brazil. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Villas de Trancoso Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas De Trancoso Hotel Trancoso
- Villas De Trancoso Hotel Brazil