Overview: Etnia provided a terrific Trancoso experience. In a nutshell, the rooms are stylish and comfortable, the staff & owners are extremely helpful and their recommendations for dining, etc are very good. Trancoso is defined by its "Quadrado", an area of restaurants, shops, and a place to congregate, Etnia is a 5 minute leisurely stroll away. headed the other way, you can make your way into town for a more authentic/normal view of life in Trancoso. The beaches are approximately 15 minutes away by foot, which provided a great opportunity to walk off some of the extra calories we put on dining at great restaurants! Trancoso seemed very safe, we were never harassed or felt in danger. The community is very welcoming to "turistas".
Rooms: the hotel is set up as separate bungalows, two to a building. They are extremely private as we never heard the residents of the adjacent bungalow during our 7 day stay. I would estimate our room to be approximately 15'x15", with an equally as large bathroom area.
People/Staff: We were greeted by the owners who took a great interest in assuring our stay was fantastic. The managers at the reception desk speak English andare happy to translate for the kitchen/wait staff who know just enough English to get by. That said, it never hurts to learn some of the local language, English is not widely spoken in this area & besides, a little effort goes a long way to endearing yourselves to the local population....
Dining/Breakfast: Breakfast is served everyday and includes a wide assortment of scones, breads, cereals, fruits, etc. Eggs are also available. The coffee is excellent. A very nice start to each morning.
Pool: Clean, stylishly adorned, and very refreshing!
Other: The Pousada is designed and decorated very well. The bungalows are unobtrusive and mostly hidden by the lush landscaping. The pool/restaurant area is decorated in a hybrid french/african style with flowing white curtains and a eclectic mix of furniture and artwork. Very well done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Internationally known as an oasis in the middle of the jungle and for combining comfort with unique ethnic decoration, Etnia was elected one of Brazil's four best hotels by the prestigious German publisher, Taschen, in the book 'Great Escapes of the World,' which shows a selection of the 90 best hotels around the world. It has also been featured in Hip Hotel's 'Atlas,' in Taschen's 'Great Escapes South America,' in Conde Nast Johansen's 'The Americas Recommended Hotels, Inns, Resorts & Spas' and was the winner of Elle's chic shack awards 2007. Besides getting special coverage in newspapers such as The Sunday Times and The New York Times, Etnia makes part of Andrew Harper's Clud, among others.A Swimming pool with bar and lounge, a 7000m2 garden, secured parking lot, access to the beach (15 minutes walking) and to the town (5 minutes walking), restaurant and boutique are part of the hotel’s structure. In each bungalow, a stained glass window facing a private garden makes the guests feel even more in touch with the local nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Prestigia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Etnia Pousada & Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Etnia Pousada And Boutique
- Etnia Pousada & Boutique Hotel Trancoso
- Etnia Pousada & Boutique Trancoso, Brazil