“Breathtaking view, reasonable food”
Review of El Gordo

El Gordo
Ranked #9 of 96 Restaurants in Trancoso
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We´ve had a late lunch that lasted up to night. The food is ok, nothing special. The view, however, is something to remember! Overpriced like everything else in Trancoso during high season. You pay for the ambiance.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

A little overpriced in my opinion. The view of the rising moon from the restaurant is breathtaking! Service is very good.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner and had a nice meal but not one I'll remember for a long time.

Overall I found the place overpriced - and this in Trancoso where prices are generally higher than other places - and the service average.

Wine list was expensive with same wines being $15-20 more than in other places.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

On a very rainy day last June I tried El Gordo, the famous restaurant and hostel in Trancoso's Quadrado Square. Sorry to disappoint many TripAdvisor reviewers, but our experience was an excellent one. Due to the rain, the restaurant was not busy and we had a wonderful meal and service. They even offered us towels to dry up ourselves, since we were all wet. The restaurant offers a good view to the beach of Trancoso, what made our lunch even better. I would come back at any new trip to Southern Bahia beaches. Enjoy!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Dropped into an old favorite this week with some friends for a relaxing lunch, food great as normal and staff all on top form. The managress who is loverly was again the perfect host. My Guests got stuck into Octopus and seea bass which looked very good. I had been suffering and wanted only a very light lunch so a tomato based rice. I will be back and hopefully able stay a night or two so I can relax and swim. Thanks and see you soon