UXUA Casa Hotel & Spa
Mata N'ativa Pousada(Trancoso)(Great Value!)
$113
$52
TripAdvisor
Casas da Vila(Trancoso)
TripAdvisor
Villas de Trancoso Hotel(Trancoso)
Pousada Bahia Bonita(Trancoso)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbeach bargulabcooking classtropical gardena special placethe food is greatfavorite foodtotal privacyits soulmind blowingbeach bedsamazing hotelthe perfect spotlaid backbreakfast was deliciouslate afternoonspent days
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed at Uxua for 5 nights at the start of our honeymoon and it could not have been better. The attention to detail was exceptional, due in many thanks to Carlos and Morgan, the concierge team. We stayed in Casa de Arvore (the tree house) which was stunning and very romantic. As the hotel was very quiet for the first couple of days, we were shown around many of the other houses and you wouldn't be disappointed with any, all truly stunning design concepts as you'd expect from a former head of Diesel design. We were made to feel well and truly at home, both by the hotel staff and the locals. I'd certainly recommend a Capoeira class with Dinai and the Feijoada next door. Don't miss Bernardo's food though and try a cooking lesson with him.
We're sure to be back in the future. Looking forward to heading back to Trancoso already.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Since 2 years I started organizing a company retreat, in which we determine the strategic goals for the following year. My company has branches in Italy, UK, Thailand (where I’m currently living) and Brazil. We started in 2010 in Italy at Ferragamo hotel, Tuscany, and we had great time and very good service. So the following year I assigned to my people in Brazil the task to find a similar environment in Brazil.

My team came back to me with the proposal of UXUA Casa Hotel. A small resort in the south of BAHIA. 10 Casas with a total of 15 rooms (the perfect number for my board of direction).

I have to say that I first went there by myself to explore the place. Even-tough I had been to Bahia before, I didn’t know the small village of Trancoso. The resort looked very good on the website but I felt it was not enough...plus the hotel is not open to the public, so only guests can enter in the property. A real plus if you want to keep your vacation quite. UXUA is particularly expensive though especially when the R$ is strong, but I have found a great solution just talking with the GM about my project/idea, the owner also has been very useful in the process. The management proposed me to close out the place for 3 days.

10 July 2011, all my team arrived; UXUA became my company’s HQ and the entire village Trancoso our amazing garden. The spaces inside the property are very well though out also for this kind of event, beside the fact that every casa being independent gives you all the privacy and relax that you wish. A big conference room immerse into the tropical garden, good services, amazing BAHIAN food and a very large SPA was the formula to make the retreat very successful.

I will suggest to every entrepreneur to try such experience.

Alex

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Alex R
Reviewed April 2, 2012

A perfect balance of true luxury in an unpretentious, natural environment. I have traveled to many places and UXUA and Trancoso are a gem. We traveled there with friends and our houses at UXUA gave us both privacy and community. We took full advantage of the food, pool, beach, bar, day trips,and shops all set within one of the most historic and lovely villiages in Brazil. I have never felt so relaxed.

Room Tip: Each house had its own charm. I recommend viewing the accomodations on the website.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We just had a 3 night stay in Seu Joao Casa,in or opinion the only one giving you a "resort" feeling, casa was perfect; full of daylight and open on all sides, furniture with impeccable taste, no bling-bling.
Food was so good we took all our meals at Uxua, staff was friendly and helpful.
Very nice Beach Club , with fabulous beach, but it is a 15 minutes walk, not 5 or 7 minutes like mentioned on the website.
We just want to return to Uxua as soon as possible.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Domperignon59
Reviewed February 3, 2012

The best hotel i have ever stayed in. Period. Perfect service, luxurious, discrete and chic. I will be back

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple