“Perfect”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Trancoso
Hong Kong, China
“Perfect”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

The best hotel i have ever stayed in. Period. Perfect service, luxurious, discrete and chic. I will be back

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This was my second time in two year and this hotel is truly outstanding.
What impressed me most apart the design of each casa, was the service. - for Brasil this is something incredible.

The breakfast and the dinners we had there were probably my favorite experience from my entire trip to Brasil. Amazing hotel.

It was really one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at in the world. Magical.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nick_london_12
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Overall you feel at home.
Real luxurious atmosphere, very chic and discrete.
The best way to discover and partecipate to the Quadrado real life!

• Stayed December 2011
Vicenza, Italy
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I experienced only 2 places in my life where you feel like a princess in the kingdom of freedom....ONE IS UXUA.....there you discover the real meaning of luxury, not the conventional one: they give you the opportunity to be like the owner of the house during your staying, to follow your rhythm, to feel like at home.....in a fantastic home!!!!!
The staff is friendly and able to understand your needs and desires.
The owners are people able to enrich you and your mind (maybe it should be better to say 'your soul') with knowledge, culture and discretion.
I would like to come back.....i'm sure they are able to keep the place like an hidden jewel..

Blacksaint

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, Brasil
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I absolutely loved Uxua.

First, the location: for me, it doesn’t make sense to stay anywhere else in Trancoso besides at the Quadrado. It’s the heart and soul of the place. Outside it, you could be at any beach in Brazil.

Second, the design: there is not one single piece of furniture/décor that I’d say – “well, perhaps I wouldn’t put that in this room”… everything is harmonically combined, chic without being pretensions, typical without being folk, contemporary without being cold. From the silverware to the lightening, everything is beautiful, tasteful and delicate.

Third, the perfection of the service: Service is quick, discrete, efficient, friendly and warm. The concierges are fantastic, they showed me everything around. The waiters at breakfast are super, the girls from housekeeping helpful, the guys from the beach bar just fantastic.

I could live there and be forever happy.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
columbus
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Our stay at UXUA made our visit to Trancoso perfect (which is amazing in itself). The village is lovely and we recommend staying on the Quadrado for the opportunity to pick up on the local vibe of Trancoso while enjoying your Casa. The staff at UXUA demonstrated a sincere commitment to our comfort and was personally engaged in our experience –but not overwhelming or interfering. Special memories we have is a wonderful traditional Bahian dinner prepared on the UXUA property served in our Casa, visits to the Capawara club, bike riding, and a moonlight horseback ride. We immediately fell in love with the ZE E Zilda Casa - but after touring others ralize that each is distinctive in layout, design, and location - I suggest you peruse the site to gain a sense for the uniqueness of each.

Room Tip: rooms on the Quadrado are literally on the square - which allows you view and enjoy the day to day...
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Clintonville, Ohio
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed here in October of 2010. We very much enjoyed it. Personally, this was my first foray into staying at a resort of this nature. Having said that, I grew up as the son of a hotel/country club GM. So this sometimes gives me greater appreciation for some things, and less tolerance for others. So take this review with that in mind.

First, I'd give their staff high marks. I came away impressed by the extent to which they were willing to go to make sure we were happy. For example, during a casual conversation with the concierge, I made mention of how I had been so busy before we left, that I literally hadn't had time for a badly needed haircut. He offered to personally accompany me into town to act as guide, and interpreter. (Which was much appreciated, as I don't speak Portuguese.) This was the 2nd day we were there, and set the tone for the rest of our stay. Perhaps this level of attention is to be expected at a place such as this? But it did make an impression on me.

Second, the variety of things available to do was nice. There's the standard for tropical resorts... eating, drinking, and relaxing on the beach. But in addition, we could go out and experience a variety of new things; something my wife and I look for on our vacations. I.E. checking out local Bahian culture, exploring local cuisine, and unique activities. Uxua helped us in this regard, coming up with ideas, and taking care of arrangements.

Third, our "casa" as they call them, had lots of clever, unique and creative details in the rooms; things I've never seen, and would be surprised to see anywhere else. Again, perhaps this is to be expected in this price range. But being an armchair fan of Architecture, and Design, I was consistently impressed by what they had done there.

Something of note: The front room of our place looked out onto a public green space called the Quadrado. Kind of like a community park, flanked by local abodes, businesses, and restaurants. It took us a day or so to get used to the fact that our front room had a window seat out onto an area where people liked to hang out. Once we got used to this however, it ended up being a point of interest for us. The fact that the rest of our casa was secluded, and quiet did balance this out. Plus, we found ourselves spending a lot of time in the main pool/bar area of the resort anyway. Again, my wife and I tend to be the curious types when we travel so this wasn't a problem for us. If this had been Jamaica, or we were looking for more isolation, I might have requested to move to one of the casa's located more to the interior of the resort. But as it was, it wasn't an issue. Just be aware going in, if you're looking for total isolation, you may want to ask for one of the places away from the Quadrado.

Room Tip: If you are looking for total seclusion, book one of the casas away from the Quadrado. If you are cu...
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple