“Lost its magic”
Review of Piata

Piata
Ranked #64 of 275 things to do in Salvador
Reviewed December 25, 2016

I have enjoyed this beach in 2012 and 2013. It was full of baracas, nice atmosphere. Now, especially on weekends, the beach is full, dangerous, and a lot of rubbish remains in the sand. People who used to take care of baracas are not cleaning up anymore. We didn t feel safe. On our way back on the Orla that has been refurbished, there was some shooting. Police was there with horses, didn t do anything.

Reviewed August 10, 2016

If you want to hang out with the locals
listen to local music
get out of the usual beach option - Barra

go hang out at this beach
especially on the weekend

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

The stretch of beach is just mind blowing. Miles of untamed ocean and not too many people around, and the ocean at its best.
Good strong waves, maybe not for surfing,but a nice place to just spend some time staring at the sea by yourself before you decide you want to tackle the waves yourself.
not too far from Itapua & Vermulho for a nice evening drink.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We went there to find a good beach. Everything was fine until we saw the bill . They wanted us to pay 10€ for the waiter and 15€ just for using the table and the chairs on the beach . They also added in the bill things we never ordered.
I asked some locals and they told me that this beach is a trap for tourists .
So ask before you seat on a chair .

5  Thank Spiridon23