“Fantastic beats!”

Type: Other
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular percussion band in Salvador with weekly concerts
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We caught Olodum on the streets of the Pelourinho. Being from New Orleans, it reminded us very much of home - street musicians sharing their gifts with visitors to the city. We purchased their CD that day, and it's been in our player ever since.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Fantastic show and music. It was a bit too loud for me and my boys. I wished I'd had ear plugs so we could have stayed longer, but it was fantastic drumming.

1  Thank TravelingMamaB
Reviewed September 25, 2012

we went Sunday afternoon around 4;30 we paid $20 Reales to get in small open place they played for 4 hours without stoping, was great experience, the musician were very friendly taken pictures with everyone, was really great!!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I tavelled solo so I found this flyer on the counter of the hotel. It cost 80 reales, this inlcuded transport and ticket for the show.
It is outdoors in Pelirinho city. Lots of security, the show lasted 3 hours, not only percusion but many other singers were invited. You have the opportunity to listen and dance bahiana and samba music! You can follow the coreography of the crowd. Great fun. You cant find food there but lots of drinks and have a great time!!!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We liked the vibe of the music, but be attentive. My friend got his watch stolen, ripped off his arm. Lots of drinking (we attended a free concert in the square). Not many tourists, mostly locals, so be careful (don't bring anything of value - no watches, jewellery, wallets, cameras....)

4  Thank SteveinParis