This hotel is stunning, the decor is lovely, the rooms are clean, luxurious and cozy and the communal areas are beautiful and make you want to spend time there. The service is also very good, staff are quick to do all they can to help you.
It is very true that this is the only nice building on an otherwise very run down square and there are vagrants hanging around at night. However, I think this is fairly typical of Salvador as a whole. A good option for dinner very close to the hotel is Bar Kossa Noisa just around the corner. It is enormously popular with hundreds of people sat at tables in the street (it is a huge business) and the food is very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel offers 15 accommodations harmonized with elegant furnishings composed of relics and antiques from around the world. Decorated in colonial style, the rooms offer unique services and features air conditioning, ceiling fan, pillows and carpets allergy, WiFi free, Smart TV 32-inch with channels open, for signature and Netflix and digital safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your A Casa das Portas Velhas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Casa Das Portas Velhas Hotel Salvador
- A Casa Das Portas Velhas Salvador, Bahia, Brazil