“To much hype for almost nothing”
Review of Pelourinho

Pelourinho Tour by Night
Ranked #8 of 259 things to do in Salvador
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sometimes called the "city within a city," this old part of Salvador is worth visiting for its cobblestone streets, pastel-colored buildings, churches, restaurants, shops and nightlife.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Old architeture, if you love it thats the place. But the rest just isnt good, pickpockets all around, no police at all and prices skyhigh...

Wont recommend it even for my enemy.

1  Thank ElMameluco
There are newer reviews for Pelourinho

Reviewed March 21, 2013

As I mentioned in the title architecture is very beautiful, but I did not feel safe there. Actually I did not feel safe anywhere in Salvador (shoulder I live in Rio de Janeiro!). But worth it, just be careful of pickpockets.

1  Thank Ariany_90
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I loved the colourful buildings, the beautiful architecture, the churches and old narrow streets and of course the view over the ocean. And a nights you have the drumming groups walking through the street and people dance along. I would love to come again and hopefully stay a bit longer!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Fun place to spend your day or night, lots of restaurants, handcraft shops, museums, churches, felt safe all the time...too hot during the day though, so wear sunscreen and a hat!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We came from Rio and Pelourinho provided a refreshingly different scene. We spent our days walking the cobblestone streets checking out the brightly colored architecture and very old and beautiful churches. The streets are lively and we even stumbled on a street party on a random Tuesday night. The restaurants all serve traditional Bahian food, so if you go - prepare to eat a lot of Moqueca. Overall a great town to explore.

Been to Pelourinho? Share your experiences!