“Decent place but...”

Ranked #69 of 111 Hotels in Salvador
Summit, NJ
“Decent place but...”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Located in the Pataramas neighborhood, this "in fairly good shape" hotel is situated high on a hill a block or two from the beach. As such, getting to the hotel was a chore by foot as you had to descend and climb a very long and steep driveway when walking to and from the beach. This hotel is NOT located within walking distance of ANYTHING of interest and the beach is not that great either. Thankfully the food was decent, and the place was very clean. The hotel room was off the back where the entrance was and even though on the seconf floor, the noise from outside was intrusive. Overall, not the best place to stay and not the worst either, but can certainly find better places that offer more.

Room Tip: Find a hotel closer to historic downtown.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank salb222

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I arrived at this hotel in the evening and the receptionists could not find my booking. I provided them my voucher, but it wasn't enough for them.
They also did not want to contact the customer services from the travel agency that I used that was based in New York.
After making an international phone call, I was given a room. For my surprise, my room key did not work and I had ask the porter to re-activate my key at the reception whilst I waited in the corridor for it.
The hotel itself is really far from the main sites of Salvador and the taxis in Salvador are utterly expensive.
My advice is to avoid this hotel, unless you are certain that your room is booked and that your main destination from there is the airport.
I've also had a problem at the bar, when I asked for two bottles of sparkling water and I was given still water. After I complained, the waiter only changed one bottle to sparkling.
On my check-out, I was forced to pay a tourism tax to the receptionist, even though I said that all the taxes were already settled by my travel agent.
After I got back, I contacted the travel agency and that contact the hotel management for explanations... For our surprise, they denied everything. They said that I had never stayed at their hotel, even though I had the proof of it.
I wanted my money back or at least the refund for the international phone call that I made to New York, and after two months since my trip, I managed to get the travel agency to refund me the phone call.
The hotel has not even issued an apology letter. This is definitely frustrating and an insult to any customer!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank bravisk
Travelers also viewed these Salvador hotels
Hotel Sol Plaza Sleep
#94 of 111 in Salvador
B Hotel
B Hotel
#60 of 111 in Salvador

Been to Sol Bahia Sleep? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sol Bahia Sleep

Property: Sol Bahia Sleep
Address: Rua Manoel Antonio Galvao 1075, Salvador, State of Bahia 41741-550, Brazil
Location: Brazil > State of Bahia > Salvador
Bar / Lounge Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#22 On the Beach Hotel in Salvador
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Sol Bahia Sleep 3.5*
The Sol Bahia Sleep is a practical and economical hotel and a great choice for both business and leisure travelers. Conventient located in Salvador, it has a prime position overlooking the Patamares Beach, one of the best in the region. In addition, it offers an execellent structure to host events with 09 conventional halls. The Sol Bahia Hotel is located just few kilometers from the main tourist and leisure activities of the city: Parque Metropolitano de Pituaçu, Lagoa do Abaeté and Farol de Itapuã, besides CAB - Administrative Center of the Bahia and Paralela Shopping Mall. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sol Bahia Sleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sol Bahia Sleep Salvador, Brazil