My check-in was a breeze. Ana at the front desk was very friendly and helpful, plus she speaks good English, which was very helpful when requesting service.
My room was comfortable with double bed overlooking the Atlantic ocean. The floors were all tiles, 2 windows and a door to the tiny balcony overlooked the Atlantic ocean. I could hear ocean waves all day and nights in my room. Nice!!
The bathroom was nice and clean with white tiles and marble walls. Towels and facecloths were provided but no washcloth. So, when travelling to Brazil, remember to bring your washcloths.
My room walls were thin, one day, I could hear loud drilling from upstairs or I could hear conversations in my room sometimes.
The hotel is located in Ondina, NOT Rio Vermelho; about 3 or 4 blocks from popular Barra beach in the west and same distance from Rio Vermelho in the east. There were no good or acceptable entertainment/ restaurants nearby in Ondina (to walk to), I had to take the bus or taxi to find them.
The breakfast were almost the same the 7 mornings I was there, with minor tweaks. The hotel lobby was not very inviting; the seat/couch in the lobby was stained and very dirty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The irresistible charm of Bahia Othon Palace begins with its location: the top of a cliff, facing the turquoise waters of Ondina Beach in Salvador. Perfectly integrated with nature, with colonial arches, the hotel offers the utmost sophistication and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bahia Othon Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Othon Palace Hotel Salvador
- Bahia Othon Palace Salvador, Brazil