As already mentioned a 5 star hotel... in 1975. Anyone expecting luxury, should head elsewhere. However I did find it very adequate considering the following:
- Air conditioning worked perfectly throughout the week.
-The rooms (and bathroom) were very comfortable, even though unsophisticated, and the view is great.
- In general, the hotel was kept very clean.
- I never had to wait more than a couple of seconds for the elevator
- Breakfast was complete and correct.
- The swimming pool area is great, next to the sea.
- Location is convenient, 5km away (15 minute bus trip) from the city center.
- Neither the hotel's restaurant nor the room service are excessively expensive.
- Although service level could be improved, staff was reasonably attentive and cordial.
- The only thing I really disliked about the hotel, was the service of the tourist agency working there (PriveTur). It would be wise for them to change it.
All in all, and considering the price, which I found reasonable, I found it a good option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The irresistible charm of Bahia Othon Palace begins with its location: the top of a cliff, facing the turquoise waters of Ondina Beach in Salvador. Perfectly integrated with nature, with colonial arches, the hotel offers the utmost sophistication and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Splitty, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bahia Othon Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Othon Palace Hotel Salvador
- Bahia Othon Palace Salvador, Brazil