We stayed at this hotel for 2 days/3nights around New Year's. The reason I selected it is mainly because I was very late, and the prices for what was left for my dates were pure extorsion! This hotel did not change its pricing for the 31st, which is really unheard of. So I paid around $50-$55 USD as opposed to $200+ anywhere else. To be honest at the rate that you pay it's hard/impossible to beat. At this price you can almost turn a blind eye on the cosco-like reception (you feel like a number), the mistake in the reservation and being sent to the wrong room, the average food at the restaurant (there are options nearby). Almost everything except the icy cold AC that really gets to you. I read about it, and wondered why the guy who complained didn't just up the temperature, but somehow it just keeps pushing cold air, and straight on you, as the rooms are very small. The rest is OK, the design and furnishing very adequate for a short stay and the price range.
Warning: There is NO POOL here! There is one at the sister property but here there isn't.
The location is decent, but far away from Poulerinho or any other major attraction (it took us a solid 45 min by bus to get there). Faster by taxi, and not overly expensive.
There are some restaurants around, so you won't starve. Also a pharmacy, a place for ice cream as well as a mini convenience store. The neighbourhood feels a bit on the very residential side, and at times deserted. I think it's safe but not having many people on the street sometimes made me feel uneasy in the evening, when I went to take a bus around 8PM. Do yourself a favor and taxi your way if you want to go further than 5 min away post sunset.
I heard a lot of good things about Rio Vermelho (where IBIS is located) and I guess I either never found the trendy section of it, or that I imagined something different. In any case: it's a decent neighbourhood but where I didn't feel like you can just stroll, sit in one of the many cafes or bars and grab a drink.
I would consider it again. But if you budget allows it, stretch to the Mercure property nearby. It's way better and does have a pool!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel in Salvador, Rio Vermelho is an option for those traveling for leisure or business , offering a full range of support and excellent balance of service - quality - price. Located in one of the most charming neighborhoods of the city and close to sights such as Farol da Barra and Pelourinho. The hotel has wireless internet (wi -fi ) free . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ibis Salvador Rio Vermelho reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Salvador Rio Vermelho Hotel Salvador
- Accor Salvador Rio Vermelho
- Ibis Salvador Rio Vermelho Bahia, Brazil