“Amazing!”

Bale Folclorico da Bahia
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stumbled upon the theater in old town and immediately bought tickets. I had read about Bale Folclorico in my guide book and was eager to see some good local dance. It was way beyond expectation. The energy, agility, and talent of the dancers was incredible. The theater was small and cramped but it added to the quaint atmosphere. We loved the show, especially the capoeira part at the end.

There are newer reviews for Bale Folclorico da Bahia

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I love modern dance and athletic performance and this show was simply amazing. I wish I had booked to go twice.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Illustrative, fun, worth your money, nearby! Representative of the African influence

Reviewed April 19, 2012

This group has been performing for over 20 years now and they have travelled the world with their show. Conor O'Sullivan of Tatur Turismo recommended to us that we shouldn't miss it for anything. We had been a bit apprehensive because we felt that it might be a bit too artificial - something contrived for the tourist trade. However we took his good advice and we were thrilled with what we experienced. Great dancing and costumes. The athletics and precision of the stick dancing and the capoeiro were particularly memorable.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I loved it all, one of my favorite moments in Bahia! i went back twice!