“A not-to-be forgotten experience”

Fernando Bingre-Salvador Tour Guide
Ranked #4 of 36 Tours in Salvador
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours for historic sites, sightseeings and landscapes. An easy, dinamic and exciting way to explore and learning about the city: its day by day, history,culture,"religions", music and rhythymns, people and so much more. You're able to enjoy the gastronomic delights of Bahian cuisine and the nightlife in Salvador. The tours will be providing the right amount of information that one needs to an understanding of Salvador, its settlement and development and its culture. You'll be exploring places which most tourists would never visit but which are essential to really know the place and having a real good time.TOUR GUIDE SINCE 2006!
Lagos, Nigeria
“A not-to-be forgotten experience”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Being Nigerian, I was pretty curious and excited to go to Salvador. I found Fernando online on tripadvisor and based on the reviews decided to give him a try. I found him to be professional, extremely friendly and helpful. He does know a great deal about the history and culture of Salvador and makes touring such fun. Another plus is that he speaks English. I visited Barra, Pelourinho and the Old District - believe me, there is so much to see and it is a more worthwhile trip if you have someone explaining and guiding you. We even joined the 'partying' on Tuesday night after the Mass at the Church of Our Lady of the Black Rosary. He helped me with bargaining for souveneirs! I must add that I am female and travelled alone and never felt unsafe. In fact, the tour with Fernando was like hanging out with an old friend. I could compare and marvel at the similarities in Bahian culture, religion, lifestyle e.t.c with ours back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa. Yes, Salvador did feel like being at home to me! To say Fernando's tour was a blessing is an understatement. I would recommend him without the blink of an eye to any other tourist. Ka Fernando.

Visited July 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Discover Salvador with Fernando. A Must Do!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Last month me and my fiancé visited wonderful Salvador. Before our trip, we decided it would not only be interesting, but also safer to discover the city with a local guide. After going through many reviews, we eventually decided to contact Fernando and we weren't disappointed. From the start he informed us in a professional and friendly manner about the tours he offered. Eventually we chose the city tour as well as a day trip to the town of Cachoeira on the Bahian countryside (highly recommended for an authentic Brazil experience).

On a practical note: Don't be put off by the fact that Fernando requires payment prior to the tour. We paid the full amount through PayPal without any trouble.

Once in Salvador, we had to delay our first tour by a day as Fernando's car had broken down, but he constantly kept us informed about the situation which was again very professional. The tour of Salvador was great. As previous reviews have mentioned, Fernando knows what he is talking about. We learnt so much about the history and the culture of this exciting city without being lectured as Fernando keeps his tour entertaining with his casual and relaxed way of talking. Fernando is also always open to tailor the tour to your specific interests and adapt to your needs. F.ex: I needed some pictures of the Castro Alves Theatre for a university project. This wasn't a stop on the tour, but yet, Fernando was more than happy to park the car nearby to take us there.

The second tour had to be delayed as well as part of the motorway had collapsed and Fernando rightly suggested that we would waste quite some time by standing in traffic. Hence why he proposed to leave Salvador at 11 am instead of 9 am to go to Cachoeira. Again Fernando impressed with his professional service and that day we enjoyed parts of the Salvador region many tourists wouldn't see.

So if you're looking for a professional and fun tour guide in Salvador, contact Fernando. He won't disappoint you. And this comes from two people who are normally not that fussed on guided tours. Obrigada, Fernando!

Visited June 2013
Berkeley, CA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“For the authentic, historic and cerebral experience, Fernando is the right tour guide!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was our third trip to Salvador. We saw parts of the city with Fernando that we had never experienced before. He is so knowledgable and history and culture conscious. He is resourceful and can tailor an experience based upon your interests. He has a cultural and social awareness that many tour guides lack and to experience the real Salvador, he is the guy. We also spent the day with him in Santa amaro and Cachoeira. He was patient and engaging with our eight year old. His English is superb and he is reliable.

I will miss Fernando as we move to our Rio part of the trip!

Visited June 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great time in Salvador Brazil”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you are lucky enough to go to the historic city of Salvador Brazil and are looking for an intimate, fun fact filled historical tour you must book with this company. Though I must say the casual yet very professional guidance may not be for everyone it is something I would still highly recommend to all visitors. The tour guide was very well educated not only the history of Salvador but also Brazil In general. One of the great features I look for in a tour is not being set in stone but can change slightly according to what each person is looking to get out of it and I felt he did this for me.

I whole heartily recommend his service for a truly educational fun and personal tour of the wonderfully historical city of Salvador Brazil.

Visited April 2013
Upper Marlboro, Maryland, United States
“Experience Salvador with the Fabulous Fernando!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our tour experience with Fernando was amazingly fabulous!! He impressed with his superior customer service skills and attention to detail. He was friendly, fun, knowledgeable, dependable, and always professional. Our kids loved Fernando because he pointed our things in the tour they could relate to. We enjoyed our time in Salvador but he made it even more enjoyable. I would highly recommend Fernando to anyone who wants a first class tour of Salvador!!

Visited April 2013