I was apprehensive when I first entered the pousada, it's quite basic and rustic in design.
- Found it very hard to sleep, the windows are old style, none double glazed, and wooden and the winter wind in Salvador is vicious, it howls all night and rattled the rickety windows non-stop. I slept on the last night after stuffing the 3 doors and window with card.
- It was cold at night in the room, with a thin sheet on the bed and when I asked for a blanket, I was given one that would be too small for a child.
-Bed was uncomfortable and they didn't change the sheets throughout my stay
-Towels are changed every two days and mine were dirty before I'd used them.
-TV screen was tiny and not flatscreen in Room 2, I peeked into the room next door, room 1? They had a bigger flatscreen.
-20 minute wait at check in.
- They told me I'd been overcharged then made me pay the price for two people anyway, essentially ripping me off.
+ Good location, walking distance to buses, the lighthouse, restaurants and Barra shopping centre
+ Free filtered water, so you can buy a bottle and fill it up at breakfast.
+Room itself was clean ( bring your own sheets and towel)
+Fantastic breakfast, with a wide choice of homemade food, fruit, yoghurt etc..
+ Minus the fact they ripped me off at the end, during the stay I felt like part of the family, it was an authentic bahian experience.
+ Very safe area for a lone female traveller, I walked everywhere day and all times of the night and felt fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our difference is the rich breakfast, excellent hygiene and differentiated service. Prime district and near the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Pousada Acacia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Acacia Salvador, Bahia, Brazil