“very special”

Ranked #5 of 154 Salvador B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“very special”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

a very good hotel in Salvador, an oasis in the very bussy city! you can walk to the beach and the owners can organise a good taxi driver to visit a lot of things, good restaurant just next door...we did a special architectural tour and the owner explained the taxi driver where to go!great!
The rooms are really good and you feel at home! and then , the breakfast!!! woooo, a michelin star!really fantastic....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2012

A recently opened Pousada in an old villa in the leafy suberb of Vitoria.
We had the master suite which is beautifully furnished and spacious including a balcony. The "open window" in the bathroom is not a problem because it is screened.
Augusta is a charming and attentive hostess whose breakfasts are wonderfully inventive and beautifully presented. My only problem was that I could not persuade them to give me a cup of coffee first!
Not much in walking distance but the busses are easy to get to Barra where there are bars and eateries or go futher along the coast road to Vermelho and the excellent Fogo de Chao.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jim H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2012

It was a love affair that began over coffee (I spilled hot milk on the pristine white table linen). I cut a warm bread roll in two and waited for slathers of real, salty butter to soak in before dolloping jam, one side with guava, the other with jambo (red as strawberry but with a wider flavor spectrum). One course in and I knew: I want to make this woman my wife. Does "omelete" adequately describe the vision set before me, a pale cushion of oil-drizzed love, weighted with tomatoes and shredded basil, popping with red peppercorn-passion? The miniature pão de queijos that warmed my lips like savory kisses tempered the sweet perfume of guava-pineapple juice. I tried to hold back, to pace myself, to savor each mouthful because I knew as I devoured the final course, a bosom of banana ice cream pressing up against firm banana cake--both reeking of cinnamon and temptation--that it would all soon be over. The fact that she was already married lingered over the table like the last bitter drops of coffee on my tongue. So I licked out the jam pots.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank HotelCalifornians
new york
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 3 nights/4 days. We had an amazing time in bahia, but this family hotel was absolutely fabulous. It is very pretty, clean, quiet and the owners Augusta and Thales are wonderful, the maids are also very nice and helpful. I loved the rooms, the breakfast was delicious that was provided every morning it consists of a 3 course breakfast. It is very unique in every way. We stayed in one of the regular rooms because I had read the master suite had an open window in the bathroom, not sure how I would have felt about that. The regular rooms are very cozy and clean. The bed is very comfortable and the bathroom is a decent size. The only small issue I would say about these rooms is since they are sort of out in the opening there is a very noisy neighbor with a really loud tv, so its possible this may disturb your sleep. Although this didnt happen every night, just the first night we were there. We really enjoyed our stay and if I ever return to Salvador this is the place I will stay at again. The location is also very good. In between barra beach and Pelourino, which are the 2 popular locations, also safe area. Casa da Vitoria is the best!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gsepulveda
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I have stayed at Casa da Vitoria for two nights and had a very relaxing time. In fact, I now think my stay was too short to fully enjoy the place and I plan to return. Still, I would like to point out that my nights at Casa da Vitoria were recharging: after a long day enjoying Salvador, it is great to return to Casa da Vitoria to relax and rest. And when you wake up, after a good night sleep because the rooms are confortable and quiet, you have a delicious breakfast carefully prepared and well thought - fruits from Brazil, juice, warm and sweet food, everything yummy and detailed crafted for your taste. Once you have the feast, you are again prepared to have fun in Salvador!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lucarotterdam
UK
Reviewed February 26, 2012

One of the best guest houses I have ever stayed in my life! The house has been beautifully decorated and is set in the lovely and very safe Vitoria neighbourhood. The guesthouse runs as clockwork, thanks to the efforts of brother and sister Thales and Augusta. Both are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are beautiful, spacious, cool and very clean (like the whole house). There wasn’t even a mosquito in sight, even though all communal areas had their doors opened ajar. Breakfast was exquisite (one of the best I have ever had) and very plentiful. As it is brought to the table, rather than a self-serviced buffet, the surprises of the wonderfully presented dishes just keep coming (how about ice cream over tapioca pudding served on half a coconut shell?). As I wasn’t feeling too well one morning, Thales came round and offered me some tea, so that I could rehydrate. We ended up interacting more with Thales than Augusta, as he was there at the same times we were going in and out. We had some great chats with him, which made the experience all the more enriching. Wi-Fi was available everywhere in the guest house and is very fast. I would absolutely recommend this guest house to anyone going to Salvador and would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We had a family stay for 2 nites during carnaval. Safe area for the ones worried by this topic. Excellent service and breakfast. Rooms are different and the "outside" ones are very simple and were noisy for us with the neighboor tv. It is much better than hotel stay for us . Price was really high as it was carnaval.

• Stayed February 2012