See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 7, 2016

OMG. Not sure if it could be any better. Great views, awesome breakfasts and I mean really AWESOME! The common area is so much fun and beds are pretty comfy too. I would totally visit this spot again.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Ozgur Dogan U
Reviewed November 2, 2016

The albergue is really well ubicated: in front of the sea, a few meters of a transited avenue with buses and close to Rio Vermelho. The only problem I had was the fan in my room does not work continously, and the weather was really hot!
The ladies attending the albergue are really nice and cook excellent!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Thank Patricio Emmanu... S
Reviewed August 19, 2016

When I think about this trip this summer around the time of the Olympics 2016 the only worlds that comes to mind is a dream come true. My trip was in the plans for several years as well as this was my first international trip. Everything was truly in divine order from everything overall fitting into my budget and not breaking my back. This Hostel was worth the cost I paid. From the accommodations, room, helpful and pleasant staff, amazing view, and the oceanic alarm clock. The breakfast buffet was served daily by a beautiful soul named Lucia. She made the start of each day amazing. She was always smiling, pleasant, helpful, and accommodating. Aside from that my room was amazing, clean, plenty of natural light, comfortable and peaceful. The overall appearance of Albergue Pedra da Sereia creates an environment that will promote and support anyone whom is trying to disconnect from their lives and just simply vacation. When it comes to the transportation aspects. There were several car services numbers that they staff had for guest to utilize. But I chose to take public transportation which was literally outside and next to the Japanese restaurant on either side of the street. I was a short ride away from all of the hot spots. Hot spots like Rio Vermelho, Barra, and Pelourinho. The resources the staff and Michael possessed was amazing. All helping to make the trip amazing. I am looking forward to the next trip there.

Room tip: The Santana room has a great view
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2016

This tiny hostel with a magnificent view is the perfect place to stay for budget travellers that look for a quiet and cosy place to relax after a long day of exploring the city. Our host, Michael, an upbeat and genuinely caring guy, speaks fluent English and Portuguese and gave us some great tips for dinner, drinks and for visiting the islands around Salvador.

The rooms, beds and showers are basic but the terrace, hammocks, breakfast and hospitality totally make up for it. All the staff are very kind and there is someone at the reception day and night to help you out.

Thank you Mike for a wonderful stay!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2014

Friendly and knowledgable local staff, excellent breakfast, affordable, secure, well kept rooms, proximity to the water, within a short bus/taxi ride of Pelourinho, Farol da Barra, Museum of Modern Art, Mercado Modelo, ...honestly the list is endless. Though I travelled by myself I was able to meet other solo travellers at the hostel because the staff has done such a great job of making their place feel like a home for anyone coming through - great way to meet new people. So thank you all for an exceptional visit and know I will be back soon!

Date of stay: August 2014